Hello,Friends - Many thanks to each and every one of you for your very kind replies.They’re much appreciated and respected.I don’t know where the introduction to this build went but I’ll just say this was the first build that I’ve airbrushed with acrylic paint.I used Mr.Hobby Aqeous.The colour is Cobalt Blue.I brush-applied ‘Klear/Pledge’ floor polish overall before and after decalling.I wholeheartedly recommend the quality of DXM decals.They were faultless to work with and responded well to Microsol.I used ‘XTreme Metal’ on the NMF areas.

All The Very Best,Paul.😉👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F-32 said:

Oh yeah that's awesome!

3 hours ago, dadofthree said:

Very very cool 

Hello and thank you both very much, gentlemen.The JASDF isn’t backward at coming forward with decorative schemes.My next Phantom build will be a Michigan ANG aircraft with nose-art.All the very best,Paul.😉👍

• Thanks 1

Hello McDonnell,

This is what i would call "straight from the paint shop.

That is some piece of artwork. Striking.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 8:46 PM, 29Triplex said:

Hi Paul,

Another Mighty Phine Phantom ! 😁

I'm very pleased to see that your back at the top of your game again, after the tribulations you experienced with your XV424 (Transatlantic Anniversary Phantom).

Keep up the Great Work :thumbsup:

Cheers,

29Triplex.

Hello,29 Triplex - Thank you ever so much.Yes indeed,these decals are by DXM and an absolute joy to work with.I couldn’t find any issue with them whatsoever.Their quality made this scheme doable.

All The Best,Paul.👏😉👍

On 11/19/2018 at 5:48 PM, Orion said:

Hello McDonnell,

This is what i would call "straight from the paint shop.

That is some piece of artwork. Striking.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

Hello,Orion - Thank you ever so much.The real subject shone like a mirror and kept absolutely immaculate.Just the way I love them! 😍

All The Best,Paul.👏😉👍

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul, well that is an absolute stunner, I did not see that one coming. The JASDF do special schemes so well and you have captured it to a T and those decals look superb, that fusalage 301 decal, being a lovely shiny gold could have shown up any issues but it has laid down lovely.

Good Paul, keep em coming.

All the best

Gary

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Hi Paul, well that is an absolute stunner, I did not see that one coming. The JASDF do special schemes so well and you have captured it to a T and those decals look superb, that fusalage 301 decal, being a lovely shiny gold could have shown up any issues but it has laid down lovely.

Good Paul, keep em coming.

All the best

Gary

Hello,Gary - Thank you ever so much,my friend.All things considered this build went from start to finish without any issues whatsoever.Unlike the previous Transatlantic Anniversary Scheme Phantom.

This build was also the very first time that I’d airbrushed acrylic paint.( Cobalt Blue -Mr.Hobby Aqueous).Again,no issues whatsoever.The quality and ease of use of the DXM Decals I cannot praise highly enough and they performed impeccably with MicroSol only.After airbrushing the Cobalt Blue, the subsequent coats of ‘Klear/Pledge’ were brush-applied,nothing more.

I fell in love with scheme as soon as I saw a photo of the real aircraft.Yes,it’s blingy but certainly an eye-catcher.

Will phone you shortly.It will be great to have a natter and catch up,before Christmas!

As Always,

Paul.😉👍

3 hours ago, Flyingdutchman said:

Lovely scheme on this Japanese Phantom! How were the dxm-decals? Any good? They have some interesting subjects. 

Cheers Evert

Hello,Evert - Thank you very much.I can honestly say they are the best I’ve ever used and can wholeheartedly recommend them.They do have interesting subjects.In this case,for example, the gold bands on the nose needed quite a bit of manipulation,particularly over the gun fairing but there was no tearing or splitting and responded perfectly.

All The Best,Paul.😉👍

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 1:27 PM, Red Dot said:

Beautiful f-4 Paul,

andy

Hello,Andy - Thank you ever so much.I’m a great fan of colourful Anniversary/Special Schemes.

All The Best,Paul.😉👍

On 12/10/2018 at 10:43 PM, mirageiv said:

Another beauty Paul, hard to pull off a special scheme but you nailed it!

Cheers,

David

Hello,David - Thank you so much.I must be a glutton for punishment because I love schemes like this.This was my second in a row so my current build is a much easier one!

All The Best,Paul.😉👍

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 10:29 PM, russ c said:

Beautifully finished Phantom there Paul, great choice of scheme too

Hello,Russ - Thank you very much.This is my first JASDF scheme and plan on doing a Sea Camouflage build when I can.

All The Best,Paul.😉👍

• 5 months later...

That's a stunning model! The scheme is beautiful but that gloss finish is something else.

Really impressive, my new favourite Phantom model 👍

Alan

• Like 1