1:350 Polar Lights Enterprise A Refit

Thanks.

Yes I used a soft propelling pencil which I then went over with a very fine brush with damp bristles as the pencil tends to draw on the edge of the groove leaving a white line in the bottom. The water helps to even out the pencil in the grooves.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 11/29/2018 at 4:07 PM, Father Cool said:

2013-01-18163940.jpg

2013-01-14080540.jpg

2013-01-24082800.jpg

2013-02-05171631.jpg

The initial layer of aztec'ing being applied. This was a loooong time back!

Hi,

Great build and very useful for those aspiring to be a fraction as good as this.  Are those masks by Aztec Dummy?  Did you just use the one supplier of masks, or several? 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Voyager221 said:

Hi,

Great build and very useful for those aspiring to be a fraction as good as this.  Are those masks by Aztec Dummy?  Did you just use the one supplier of masks, or several? 

Cheers

They were Aztec dummy masks. These were the old ones though which were horrible to use however I believe that Lou has changed the vinyl now on these to something far more user friendly.

Regards

FC

36 minutes ago, Father Cool said:

They were Aztec dummy masks. These were the old ones though which were horrible to use however I believe that Lou has changed the vinyl now on these to something far more user friendly.

Regards

FC

Good to hear from you and thanks for that. I have a set of those (and they are the newer version i think), plus the Mask Design set and the Polar Lights decals.  Did the Aztec Dummy ones give you the majority of what was needed for your build. 

Have you finished this since you last update as well. 

Cheers

I used just the Aztec dummy ones. More could be done for sure. I have since finished the ship but never got around to the lighting circuit so she's currently in the back of the workshop, dark and cold. As I started this kit about 15 years ago now I am not 100% happy with the electronics inside. I would do it massively differently now given the tech in LEDs etc that's happened since then. 

Well, the results of the pain look fab and suggests to me that they capture the majority of the detail well.  I may just use those and then shift the other sets. 

Shame it has stalled as you got so close. Can appreciate the angst of the lighting though, given the difference LED's do make.  I can imagine cracking the saucer open would be a task in its own right as well.... 

CHeers