which one to build next?

andmarsh

I agree, go with the Tamiya one first to get a bit of confidence as I've never had a bad kit from them yet and leave the Revell one till you've gained a bit more experience :) 

funny isn't it the Revell kits sort of look great - but Tamiya seems to have the edge,

I just finished an MKII Revell Spitfire - if I had known the panel lines were raised i would have never bought the Flory model dark wash..!

I'd have to agree on doing the Tamiya kit first if you want to build up confidence. I've no experience of either kit, and would expect the Revell to go together pretty well given it's a newer kit ant I've generally found their newer kits to be fine (the '53 Corvette dating back to 1982 less so). But not only do you seem to have fewer parts with the GTO, but it's also a simpler shape which would make any micromeshing/polishing easier than all those curves and creases on the Ferrari so you're less likely to burn through the paint if you feel the need to polish it. It's also likely that the extra parts count on the Ferrari is taken up with the engine (it looks as though the GTO doesn't have one) so most of those extra parts could be small and fiddly.

Tamiya is generally a joy to build. I have just completed my Stratos and am pondering my next build as well.

I am thinking of doing a Revell Samba, lowered, maybe a bit ratty on the exterior with an engine upgrade (maybe a mid engine R8 power train), steel the wheels from the R8 as well?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Homerlovesbeer said:

Well to go against the grain I'd say the Revell

Can't disagree with you there. Most brands seem to be upping the quality of their kits or is Tamiya slipping? The Stratos was a basic Italeri kit, but I was blown away the quality of their decals - for their complexity, they were a joy. In the past I have turned the air blue with Tamia Moto GP decals - terrible!