Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b Car Door Hasegawa 1/48

43 minutes ago, Christer A said:

This, I like very much!

2 minutes ago, neil5208 said:

Nice 

Thanks very much gentlemen.

The good news is tomorrow, unless anything changes, I have a full day to myself. Once upon a time this would have been a good opportunity for a sneaky visit to the pub, these days it's modelling heaven. 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I can see this being a first class job by the time it is done. I think the weathering of the underside is spot on.

1 hour ago, propforward said:

Excellent weathering - just the right amount in my opinion. Nicely worn, I like it a lot.

Thank you. 👍

This is the stage in the build I find the trickiest, in what order to attach the fragile, easily knocked off parts. Logic states start with the most robust and work towards the more delicate but I always manage to knock something off.

1 hour ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thank you. 👍

This is the stage in the build I find the trickiest, in what order to attach the fragile, easily knocked off parts. Logic states start with the most robust and work towards the more delicate but I always manage to knock something off.

You should try doing the Do 217. I try and keep those knock of things to last. I have completed the Do 217 1/48 today. So celebration time for me.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Top work Roger

Im enjoying following your build very much.

James

Thanks very much James. I should have some more photos up later today.

2 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

You should try doing the Do 217. I try and keep those knock of things to last. I have completed the Do 217 1/48 today. So celebration time for me.  

Looking forward to seeing that Greg... I'll stick with clunky and chunky I think. less to break. 😀

• Like 1

I will have it up on ready for inspection on Friday or the weekend. I need to get my friend to photograph it.  I took some photos that really brought out the brown oils colour that you can't see in reality. 

My camera seems to do that. 

• Like 1

Never had an Eduard mask that started to peel back, unless it had been completely drenched in paint and left to det for months.

Not stiffer than normal Tamiya tape Rutger, in my opinion.

I can almost not start an project these days without acset of masks...

But I mustvsay that this Tiffy is getting prettier by the minute!

Good job Roger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christer A said:

Never had an Eduard mask that started to peel back, unless it had been completely drenched in paint and left to det for months.

Not stiffer than normal Tamiya tape Rutger, in my opinion.

I can almost not start an project these days without acset of masks...

But I mustvsay that this Tiffy is getting prettier by the minute!

Good job Roger.

Thanks very much Christer.

@Courageous Stuart, I have never experienced any problems like that with them and would wholeheartedly recommend giving them a try. In my opinion it makes life much easier and like Christer a set of masks are always on the top of the list before starting a project.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, propforward said:

You have a nice gloss finish on your paintwork for your decal application - may I ask what are you using as a gloss coat? I ave been using MRP gloss finish, which I am liking a lot.

I use Mr Hobby H30 Clear. 🙂

• Thanks 1