I am stopping here

These overbright images will have to suffice until the daylight becomes friendlier

P1010016.jpg

Ah yes I can see it, the off-line pitot device, all will be fixed in place once I find a method of transportation.

P1010018.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010023.jpg

I am sorry Colin, I don't think we got where we were aiming, but if nothing else I discovered the actual route I should have used.

I do know the way for the next time

P1010024.jpgI will try for better pictures when the sun shines...

Thanks to Colin for letting me mess with his concept and thanks to you all for the encouragement, advice on fonts and decal printing.

Cheers.

• Like 17

I told you all that panic would be for nothing. She’s a real stunner Bill!  A paint job to be proud of. 👏👏👏👏 The glueing bits together and building parts turned out rather splendid too. 
I really don’t know how you do it. 😀

John.

• Like 1

As this helicopter settles slowly into the depths the question arises

This?

16322302945358000566942437960003.jpg

Or this?

16322300958088282230847060480029.jpg

I have been perusing the 'bay for another Sea Vixen which I intend radically altering to FAW1 standard, dumping the boom tanks and big crewcover.

As  this will be very involved when reworking the Froglet I might give myself more time to work out the drastickery.

(The Sea venom, bless its angelic soul, came with the fox in a two piece purchase)

The Whirlwind and Draggin fly are more to my taste but with this S-61N still unfinished I need to take a step back and think...

Thinking begins...

Decalling rotor tips on S-61 continues...

• Like 3

Almost scared to admit it, in here but the Venom doesn't call me at all.

I have an already stalled Novo one sitting in a box about 28 inches away, just needs the missing undernose fragment for its fuselage.

Catching up here after some time away.................

The S-61 looks splendid Bill, as we knew it would of course. Hoping to see it in the flesh soon!

So a Dragonfly, Whirlwind, Sea Venom or Sea Vixen ................................ all extremely tasty subjects. We are spoilt for choice, but if it is to be a helicopter then I would say a Royal Navy one, and if it is to be a twin boomer, I would say a Royal Navy one!

I'm sure our resident Naval rep would agree @Ex-FAAWAFU

Terry,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheshiretaurus said:

You could resin cast one now.

Crossed my mind and might be a plan, Terry if it is to be the Whirlwind - Dragonfly combo I intend to make a Borneo Boys homage with a 1/72 scale RAF HC 10. Probably a naval Dragonfly but there is a shed load of work there on that.

Planning, but not yet measurement, is underway for a FAW1 Sea Vixen, there's your nautical twin boomer coming down the pike.  :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Lovely job in the not-quite-Sea-King.

Any of those options for next build would be good after Bill-ification.  Do you ever consider starting out with a relatively modern kit?

What Crisp?

One of those 'paint-this-glue-it-in' sort of kits?

Like the Airfix RN Phantom in my cupboard?

One day, believe me I will get round to it but they seem to attract me less.

It was the urge to scratch build that gave us Wopsie and the Sherpa after all.

Wanders off wondering if a change of tack this soon before a wind change is called for...

• Like 3