Caught up just in time to witness that venerable old English folk custom 'The Fettling of the Mesh'.

Consummate work all round Bill - a pleasure to see how well those additions look in place now. :clap2:

- plus some to and fro on fonts - the joys this forum brings together can be quite unexpected!

On 5/22/2020 at 8:59 AM, Heather Kay said:

I was an erstwhile graphic designer for many years. Typophilia is a common affliction

Similarly afflicted here Heather. It's a capital offense you know...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hendie said:

Dash it all. After a period they should be sentenced.

End of thread!

I mean

Top that huh...

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2020 at 12:13 AM, heloman1 said:

Wow John, looking at that 'Big Lifter, thanks for posting the images. I've a had a yearning to build one for a while. I have an old ESCI Huey which could become the guineypig!

There's one of those that flies around here (owned by McDermott Aviation). You'd be better starting with a B212/UH-1N but you'll need the rotor system and tailboom from an AH-1W, too. I'm interested to see your kitbash (and the completion of the one in this thread!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bell209 said:

(and the completion of the one in this thread!)

OK OK already, I have gotten over being Hendied so life will carry on in here but a new thread almost got started...

In a few weeks or so.

P1010650.jpg

A Revell S-61N (or L) is in the pipeline someplace but back a ways

I need a better t.d. first, Alan's drawing shows the transmission deck area as moulded by Airfix but Revell mould it far smaller than Airfix on both versions

I am reluctant to sacrifice my HC4 moulding for another S-61N too so for now a search for drawings will be first to deal with.

So masking the Airfix canopy is today's little task

Ciao

• Like 3

On 5/28/2020 at 7:47 AM, perdu said:

I am reluctant to sacrifice my HC4 moulding for another S-61N too so for now a search for drawings will be first to deal with.

How about casting it, then you can use it as often as you want?

Gondor

Edited by Gondor44
Spelling Mistake
  • Like 1

After downloading some assorted Sea King drawings from the interweb I reckon the Revell transmission deck is close enough for government work so the parts I was generously sent by Colin a few short weeks ago (January and all we were concerned with was fitting in hospital appointments) consisting multiple pieces of Revell parts will be coming in to production.

In the mean time and using the other Colin's S-61N I have been doing some minor fettling

Here a pair of hinges is begun, the basic rod and pieces of acetate will be diddled about with hoping to get the very strong hinge forgings  looking strong enough to stop the tail dropping off

Gator's Grip Fine again, blimey I love this stuff

15908522872114877227221368264043.jpg

And whilst I am letting that harden and set it is time to begin snagging the surface details around the fuselage, here a few prominent grubbles about to get the fine skinny sanding stick treatment.

15908523847572865121486743342874.jpg

I love this Halfords hi-build primer for these jobs, so easy to smooth the surface

• Like 7

Halford Hi build is good but not good enough on its own to sort out all the surface blemishes

So I took to the airbrush and a bottle of Styl-n-rez and got a layer of help down

P1010652.jpg

Very obviously a lot to do

P1010658.jpg

Quite a bit to whip off the fuselage front by the cockpit clear parts but to be honest not as bad as it could have been

And plenty of meat to wipe away too, thanks to Mr Dissolved Putty

P1010653.jpgThis was yesterday, today I have made it most of the way back to yellow and left lots of the crevasses and crevices filled off nicely.

And yesterday too, I got a coat of Tamiya silver underneath the Bilvedere

Pics over there in a minute or ten.

A plea for your attention if you dont mind

As you are certainly aware my sieve is very little like a memory any more, does anyone know who was looking for assistance printing decals with white letters on a RAFBG background?  (I think it was a Royal Aircraft Establishment legend he needed)

I know someone referred him to me but after looking at his post and thinking yes I might be able to help I was called away from the post and quite lost the thread (in real life and time!)

I am just hoping to get back to the fellow and give some meagre encouragement and tips

Anyway the Bristle bristles..

• Like 7

2 hours ago, perdu said:

A plea for your attention if you dont mind

As you are certainly aware my sieve is very little like a memory any more, does anyone know who was looking for assistance printing decals with white letters on a RAFBG background?  (I think it was a Royal Aircraft Establishment legend he needed)

I know someone referred him to me but after looking at his post and thinking yes I might be able to help I was called away from the post and quite lost the thread (in real life and time!)

I am just hoping to get back to the fellow and give some meagre encouragement and tips

Head in the clouds - relevant post here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235054766-we-three-kings/&do=findComment&comment=3704970

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that Andy, meant I let this slip a bit but things have been happening for all that.

Down in the garage something stirred.

As soon as I had this side painted it slipped and fell on its side, box lid was incorrectly positioned.

My own fault.

15916224672895736771402564777562.jpg

Gunze H1 white

Sprayed nicely too, good job this is yet another discloser coat,

Phew

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

OK maybe not 'quite' tomorrow but here we are getting a little bit momentous.

The Queen has been getting white coats and surface treatment alongside another model in the pain(t) shop and here she is ready for a final dash over to cover a few little blemishes

She has been masked up ready for the red coats, hopefully there won't be another war.

P1010007.jpg

The sponsons are very crude and it will be time for a mass cyano-ing when they are down in the workshop of the south, back in the garage

P1010008.jpg

If you see white I intend that soon you will see red!

So there!

Ciao baby

• Like 9

Time to hold your breaths lads, more fatal errors on Vallejo mixing

Red has come out horrid, like red islets on white backgrounds

Might have to strip right back and try enamels...

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, perdu said:

Now I need the right colour from enamels  or Tamiya for the BA red

I had vermilion for the Vallejo but I know Insignia Red from Xtracolour is too dark

@Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies help

Does your range cover this?

That's a negative Ghostrider

7 hours ago, perdu said:

I had vermilion for the Vallejo but I know Insignia Red from Xtracolour is too dark

Try Xtracolour Red Arrows Red. I used it on this:

20190308_211957

Terry

PS Better view of the red here

20190301_200416

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of work needed on the white but I am dead happy with the red. 

Tamiya TS49 Bright Red on top of Halford's Hi Build yellow primer.

P1010034.jpg

The white needs rubbing back down though, lots to do before I can do the blue.

• Like 6