I don't have any problems at all with your pics, Bill. I'm not sure the issue is at your end.

1 hour ago, perdu said:

What to do?

I'd keep posting them :) 

And I hope the issue get fixed for Ced  - I also hope it's not bitten-apple related:) 

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Fixed now and lovely pictures they are too - serves me right for being up so early in the morning… :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Huh!

What I didnt expect but should have

The canopy wont fit, no frikkin way...

But I decided to see how it all pulls together when Proberted

P1010223.jpg

"Sine Probert in extremis"

Not ideal but ya gotta start someplace round here

P1010225.jpg

A smaller separate infill shloshed with High-build will need extra attention as will many a place round the airframe

P1010229.jpg

These sort of bits will benefit from my supply of PPP

P1010232.jpg

Lots to do but now I can see where to hit first

P1010233.jpg

P1010230.jpg

Look at how wrong the canopy is, duhhh!

Time for Milliput and a new fresh mould

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

I've missed posts like this, for nearly 2 years work for some reason blocked the site and my lunchtime enjoyment went out the window, losing touch with all BM type stuff. But now we are back and lunchtimes are again filled with pleasureful meanderings through builds like this. Its great to be back! Just caught up on the last 6 months and loving the progress on this, very nice work indeed Bill. Now any chance you could crack on and complete this before work blocks the site again! :like:

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Welcome back!

Ian

Indeed as Ian says welcome back Bob

We hope a new enlightened phase begins 'at work' for you

I regret this and any other models I take on these days has to push me through the long periods of "Oh sod it!" which beset me lately but I am trying  to stay active even though I feel other helichopters calling from not too far away...

We can but try

• Like 2

OK

Milliput rolled, mixed and manually discomnockerated and now sitting hopefully to harden in a Sea King cockpit transparency.

That was done last night, my hands are clean at last and Dolgellau's finest seems to be drying to maturity.

I'll pop back this arvo.

• Like 3

Will the milliput come off easily form the clear plastic? Or you need any particular trick to avoid adhesion? TIA

Ciao

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Will the milliput come off easily form the clear plastic? Or you need any particular trick to avoid adhesion? TIA

Ciao

I certainly hope not Giorgio, the idea is to make the kit canopy a bit bigger so I can file and sand the thing to a better shape, then use the bigger shape to mould from

Hopefully that may happen later today

The extra lengths will allow a flat overlap on the piece that can be cut back without the plastic curving back under the mould and reducing the effective mould size

😨

🤞

• Like 5

6 hours ago, perdu said:

I certainly hope not Giorgio, the idea is to make the kit canopy a bit bigger

Ah sorry, now I understand :thumbsup2: Looking forward to the outcome, then

Ciao

• Like 1

P1010235.jpg

Y U K 

Still not ready to file well

Time for a rethink...

White Milliput is not Dolgellau's finest product

Maybe time for a mark four (bis) approach, see me later.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Time to recap I feel, I do not want anyone to think that having a new toy on the stove takes this out of my aiming point

So we left her here with stuff to do

P1010223.jpg

If it looks as if it is masked for paint you are right, the fuselage was in line for a real old @Probert -ing so I masked it off for safety

and set off to yellow it all up

P1010224.jpg

Halford's yellow high build primer, this will help me get and maintain a decent finish for the paint to sit on

Using this allows me to find all the many bad bits and get them repaired before I paint the model

P1010225.jpg

Work to do there huh?

:)

And here

P1010229.jpg

P1010232.jpg

Here too

I am hoping to get most of the blemishes sorted quite easily with PPP

Needs some at the junction of  the fin and the horizontal stabiliser, I took a lot odd ball plastic off this bit the other day

P1010233.jpgRe-shaped the stab thickness at first so sihrsc came into her own

As I mentioned not a few days ago the milliput was not taking care of my mould so that  needed a rethink

Aha I know says I, Fritag's method

Take a new canopy with er, issues and add a thick piece of polycard to each face and shape the resulting oddity to where you want to take copies from it

More Proberting to get the shape exactly right then into the garage/forge

Four mouldings made. one was good enough to work with

15628410658344019417453446450405.jpg

Pull moulded of course

And the resulting OK one

P1010275.jpg

The Fritag method needs the buck to be significantly larger than the canopy to allow accurate cutting to the real minimum

This one looks right to me

P1010276.jpg

So out with a brand new No  10A scalpel blade and trim it off

Let's see shall us?

P1010277.jpg

Not badddd!

I will be trimming this to actual size needed tomorrow, this is enough excitement for one day

see y'all

• Like 8

impressed.  Beautiful pulling sir.  Way better than anything I have achieved with similar methods that's for sure.

Overall I don't think you have too much work cut out cleaning up the blemishes - I''m going to have way more on the big W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Certainly prettier than some of the things I've "pulled" in my time.....not all though 😁

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, hendie said:

Way better than anything I have achieved with similar methods that's for sure.

Me too.  I had to buy a machine to help me get results close to the Bill standard pull mould.....

I’ve become a fan of the Probert-endorsed halford yellow filler primer too.  It micromeshes to an almost glass smooth finish.

• Like 2

Oi fair dos cobbers, took me three wrong 'uns before I got number four right

I find I need a few sets of approach angles to get the 'pull' angle right and make the pull close in at the edges so it sits right

• Like 2