One S61N build a while ago prompted a discussion between Colin and I in which I mentioned preparing to get a S61N build going 

He offered me a build he'd stalled on to continue for myself

I nigh on tore his hand off, so here is our view of The Queen Of The Skies out of Africa

Sister mail delivered via the Post Office this bag of build, postage from darkest Africa being quite expensive and his sister being on her way home that month

A picture of the bag's contents

P1010803.jpg

Android isn't very helpful is it

I'll post some more later but here we have started

The work I am picking up on is fabulous, I couldn't get a better start place

P1010805.jpg

More later folks

• Like 26

A few more pictures to whet the wheestle

P1010810.jpg

The prep work he'd done already makes this akin to a kit build rather than a taxing problematic chaotic one like my usuals

Its going to be fun

As usual I can't just pick up and place pictures on this tablet, so only that pic until this afternoon

Terry

Anything can happen in...

• Like 11

Not my bread and butter, but I'll tag along, if you don't mind.

As others have said, there's always something to learn from your threads - even English (and affiliated languages) lessons :winkgrin: 

Ciao

• Haha 8

No Martian I rather think I may pattern the surface but this is 1/72 scale

And at present the surface is devoid of rivettery so added sticky out bits are unlikely

Especially at the price of rivet transfers, I may run a toothy wheel over it just before paint goes on

or two  ;)

Pardon my inattention, I have been stickering up a Vixen

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I did promise myself I'd finish the Vixen before I got stuck in  here

Piecrusts huh?

memo Giorgio

[Piecrusts refers to proverb : "Promises are like piecrusts : made to be broken"]

One of the greatest drawbacks for me with the old Airfix Sea King was the massive bar under the screen  which should be a simple strip of metal surrounding the windows

Airfix gave us this

P1010813.jpg

The windows below the frame are at best fanciful..

At worst totally wrong

P1010815.jpg

The window frame needs reshaping it should rise square to the floor line  and run as a narrow strip along the windscreen frame

This way ish ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was waiting for Klear to dry with some of the Sea Vixen stickers in place so I picked this out of the bag and began fettling

The true window shape is shown on screen

P1010821.jpg

Not too clear sorry

P1010825.jpg

Better?

OK well that is it for now, see you laters

On a Vixen thread I hope

• Like 13

8 hours ago, perdu said:

memo Giorgio

[Piecrusts refers to proverb : "Promises are like piecrusts : made to be broken"]

Thanks Bill, much appreciated :thumbsup::thumbsup: 

Nice surgery job already, now that frame looks the part! :clap: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't get the "Not my thing" thing, an aeroplane by any other name is a flying machine

Except maybe the very weird Hauneaubeaubeau device beloved of our residentiaI alien

I'm not sure what that is, at all

Anyway all are welcome as are all opinions on the subject or my approach to it ( Colin take note, this is from us both)

I intend filling the space behind the new holes I've just cut with old, firmish plasticine

Then plan a will be blocking out the holes with PPP, smoothing it out and then when shiny smooth using the polished surface to make new acetate or PETg windows by pull moulding as I did with the Scout and the Wasp

I will try to picture the procedure, hoping to dispel folks' fears of moulding windows in the process

More later! I've just printed new serials for the Vixen's underwing areas and they need toughenising with spray varnish...

😨

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, perdu said:

Oh yes, forgot

Once the window moulding is over I can remove the plasticine and wash out the water soluble PPP

Simples

He said...

😱

That sounds like a plan, anyway :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1