Roden 1/32 SE5A

RAS

Uuuups!

Did you ever check the instruction from WNW? I hope so.

Before you continue, please check all rigging points! And do, whatever you need to do, so you can prevent disappointment.

https://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page15.html

On this link, you see the working of the best modeller of the world. He died a few months ago! But you may get some ideas from him. All I can today about WW1 modelling, he gave me all my present knowledge!!!!!!!!!! The web site is still running, propably from friends of his team.

Happy modelling

Thanks

I have had the shortcut to that site on my workroom computer. Sorry to hear that he has passed away.

I was planning to try his single end turnbuckles for this build but not worked out all the location points yet.

Used his pre shading method on the Roden Sopwith Triplane which worked well but I am not in his league when it comes to modelling!!

I'll be watching this as well. I have the 1/48 version currently on the go (well the interior is done and the fuselage is all buttoned up but stuffed in a box after being put on the back burner due to another couple of projects).

I too am sorry to hear that that chap from the WWI modelling site has passed away. I've used some of his tips in the past and his builds are great to check details and get some ideas.

Thanks

I have had the shortcut to that site on my workroom computer. Sorry to hear that he has passed away.

I was planning to try his single end turnbuckles for this build but not worked out all the location points yet.

Used his pre shading method on the Roden Sopwith Triplane which worked well but I am not in his league when it comes to modelling!!

Oh. the single end turnbuckles:

Just stop

I will explain it to you. It is not so easy, but took me two years to get it perfect. I will create a post on this matter this forenoon. It is necessary to master these little techniques, so you have a free hand to build any WW1 a/c! 

Be patient for a few hours.

Happy modelling.

Dov

Thanks for the info, will try a few on a wing from spares box.

I normally use the drill a hole/glue but it gets fiddly for twin bay bi planes

It also does not help when you drop a model when doing the rigging!!

45194881874_c0d094fc25_o.jpgP1110016 by Ray Staley, on Flickr

PS See you are from Auz, I have family in WA so have sent quite a bit of time “down under” over the last 3 years. Hope to go back in 2019