RAF Rescue Wessex HC.2 kit options

bobsyouruncle

Hi Gents,

I'd really like to have a go at one of these in the future but am just slightly struggling to find the right kit/decals combinations.

I've seen the Fly 32nd scale kits (one of which is an HC.2), but they seem to only have the RAF Rescue decals in the HU5 kit (and then without the 22 Sqn tail emblem).

I did read that the instructions are the same for both versions, listing the optional parts to use. 

Does anyone know if both kits do contain the same parts then, or do they have different sprues?

I also saw that Italeri do a 48th scale HU5 and that extradecals do a 22 sqn option in that scale, but the Rotorcraft conversion to HAR2 seems to have disappeared?

Does someone know if there's a simple way through this that I've not yet found please?

Thanks Bob.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I found out from Fly that the kits have the parts for both variants, so got the HC2 version and have sourced some 22 Sqn decals.

I did wonder if anyone knew of any sources showing the Wessex interior in the SAR fit at all and if this was standard over the 22 Sqn Fligts or not? 

I took some shots myself in the interior on callouts back in the 80's, but they only show the front end of the cab (lined with Green PVC type covering with pouches built in for various SAR kit -will post here if anyone

interested).

Any help appreciated,

Cheers Bob.\

Oops! Just seen wessex thread on Cold War section. Will switch to that thread, methinks. cheers!

Edited by bobsyouruncle

On 11/13/2018 at 11:50 AM, bobsyouruncle said:

Hi Gents,

I'd really like to have a go at one of these in the future but am just slightly struggling to find the right kit/decals combinations.

I've seen the Fly 32nd scale kits (one of which is an HC.2), but they seem to only have the RAF Rescue decals in the HU5 kit (and then without the 22 Sqn tail emblem).

I did read that the instructions are the same for both versions, listing the optional parts to use. 

Does anyone know if both kits do contain the same parts then, or do they have different sprues?

I also saw that Italeri do a 48th scale HU5 and that extradecals do a 22 sqn option in that scale, but the Rotorcraft conversion to HAR2 seems to have disappeared?

Does someone know if there's a simple way through this that I've not yet found please?

Thanks Bob.

I had the same dilemma Bob. Even worse in 1/72 scale! Managed to get Decals for 22 Sqn's XT604 (Modeldecal 095) but despite risking upsetting the purists on here I shall just be painting an HU5 yellow for my diorama. At some point in the future, once everything else is done I may rectify this if I can get all the bits together that I need.