Paint colours

korean

Hi Everyone,

Calling for one or all paint colour experts. I have a number of FS colour  numbers I need to know what colours they are and where to get them.

If they are in different paint ranges then that is not a problem, I would prefer lacquer based but acrylics would do just as well, so here goes.

FS-25042

FS-35237

FS-36187

FS-36495

FS-36375

FS-36118

The other colours in need information are from MIG productions could some one tell me what colours they are and maybe again what their equivalents might be other paint ranges.

MIG-213

MIG-227

MIG-086

I know it's a lot but your help would be most appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Korean. 

Why don’t you just google image the FS numbers? If you’re after lacquers see if Gunze has them in there Mr. Color range. I’m sure you’ll work out what you need with a few mouse clicks. 

Cheers.. Dave 

oh - just remember that the first numeral in all FS numbers is a sheen / lister value where 1 = Gloss, 2 = Semi Gloss and 3 = Matt. You can always use any type of paint, then let your final coat do the rest. 

FS-25042 is  Semi-Gloss Sea Blue. That's available in the Sovereign Colourcoats range as ACUS35, though in gloss form.

FS-35237 is a blue grey and is ACUS38 in the Colourcoats range or No. 145 in the Humbrol range.

FS-36187 this number doesn't exist as a matt colour in the FS595 chart (with the 3 prefix) but does come in gloss (1-) and semi-gloss (2-) finishes. I don't know of a manufacturer that does this colour, but it would seem that both RAF Ocean Grey (ACRN07. I don't like Humbrol's Ocean Grey effort, as it's not blue enough.) and Dark Admiralty Grey (Colourcoats M16/Humbrol No. 5) are a close match, though possibly a little bit dark.

FS-36495  is a pale grey and is No. 147 in the Humbrol range.

FS-36375 is Light Compass Ghost Grey and is ACUS03 in the Colourcoats range and No. 127 in the Humbrol range.

FS-36118 is Gunship Grey and is ACUS14 in the Colourcoats range and No. 125 in the Humbrol range.

My preference for enamels these days is Sovereign Colourcoats, as their devotion to colour accuracy is second to none and the paints behave consistently well. Their website is off line for a few days as they sort themselves out after visiting the Telford show. If you do decide to go with them, you should probably get some of their thinners too, as the paint behaves best with this.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

• Like 1

Hataka has a growing line of lacquer paint (their orange line), available as sets or individual dropper bottles (with a metal ball inside to help shaking). They mention the FS numbers and the use for the colours. I haven't sprayed them yet myself, but read good things about them.