E-100 "What if Tiger III" 1/72 Modelcollect

bradeq

A truly excellent build and painting job on a tiny and esoteric subject. I really like this. 

I wonder, if the Nazis could have produced these in their thousands (and trained the crews in good time), could it have delayed the end of the war? Obviously, we'll never know, but it's interesting to speculate...

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.   

Great build, love the improvised armour.  :coolio:

3 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

I wonder, if the Nazis could have produced these in their thousands (and trained the crews in good time), could it have delayed the end of the war? Obviously, we'll never know, but it's interesting to speculate...

They only managed to build about 400 King Tigers.....The speculation would IMHO be brief.  ;)

Without derailing this thread, when it comes to these German 'Wonderweapons', as Squarehead said, Germany lacked the manufacturing power, resources and time to produce such complex weapons in such large numbers, to field against the advancing Soviet armies. Even if they had, the significance of a few tanks/planes against the numerous infantry/artillery divisions of the Red Army probably would have been limited.

Something that might be more interesting to ponder is a scenario where rather than putting resources into the Panzer V programme and the Tiger series, Germany had focused on producing/improving the Panzer IV.

Excellent job on the model, BTW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Even Panther was buggy, the transmission was a dog and you had to take the bloody turret off to replace it.....But that, as you rightly suggest, is for another thread.  :offtopic:

Turret was on place, they just to had turn it to side and transmission was free to pull it out ... most complicated was disconnected radio and all electro installation because it was on top of transmission. 

rtlmp8y956501.jpg

Anyway when you compare it with Sherman tanks when replacing transmission was work for few hours, in panther it tooks day or two. Tiger 2 was close to Panther tanks just with more armor and bigger gun. Expensive to build and even harder to keep it running.

Sorry for my english, i hope ot make sence 🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sairou said:

Without derailing this thread, when it comes to these German 'Wonderweapons', as Squarehead said, Germany lacked the manufacturing power, resources and time to produce such complex weapons in such large numbers, to field against the advancing Soviet armies. Even if they had, the significance of a few tanks/planes against the numerous infantry/artillery divisions of the Red Army probably would have been limited.

Something that might be more interesting to ponder is a scenario where rather than putting resources into the Panzer V programme and the Tiger series, Germany had focused on producing/improving the Panzer IV.

Excellent job on the model, BTW.

That is true ... but for us "modellers" it is fascinating and more intresting that T-34, KV & IS tanks 🙂 in german panzer you can see big progress even it dont make sence but in these days who knows what was right and what was wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...