Khee-Kha Art Products Bellanca CH-300, Inter Island Airways for Hawaiian Airlines 85th Anniversary

A vac from 4 years ago, for a special occasion.

This 1/72 scale model was commissioned for the 85th Anniversary of Hawaiian Airlines, to be presented to the owner, being Inter Island Airways the direct predecessor from which Hawaiian Airlines came to be, and this Bellanca the very first plane Inter Islands used.
There is an actual flying restoration of this plane, which due to technical aspects had some changes and slightly departs from the original plane in a few aspects. This model is an exact replica of the original, historical plane. It was made from a Khee-Kha Art Products vacuum-formed kit, with some additions and home-made decals.
I had a good time researching even further and building this commission, and it helped that I had built another model of this very same plane some time ago (NE: soon to be also re-posted here at BM)
I truly enjoy going to Hawaii on vacations, and I was happy to honor part of its past.

001.jpg

001a.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

20.jpg

23.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

70.jpg

73.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

83.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

89.jpg

91.jpg

95.jpg

97.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Lovely job, You have done really well with the finish and final assembly, you would not know it was a vacform after your treatment of it Moa! :thumbsup:

I also love visiting Hawaii, will be there again for Christmas this year

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2018 at 8:54 AM, pheonix said:

How you can turn those blobs of plastic into such a superb model is beyond me (again!). A beautiful striking aircraft, with super photos and very interesting background. Thanks again Moa.

P

In this case the kit is actually very good (granted, it's not an injected kit) and the resin parts are great, and I have built many of the company's kits, Fairchilds, Bellancas, Waco.

Edited by Moa

Aloha Moa,

I like this model very much – fantastic livery.

I also think that I'm being swayed, and am becoming vacform-curious!

Regards,

David

• Haha 1