I have been plodding along with these for quite a while but except for possibly adding armaments I think they're done

The first one is an 809 NAS S1 from Lossiemouth in 1963/4

This was converted using the Maintrack intake and bomb bay floor set from the Matchbox S2

The tail airbrakes were made with all scratchbuilt pieces except for fun I added the venerable Airwaves set for the unfolded brakes and other esoteric etch pieces

The cockpit was built and detailed and the seats were cast from masters I made up

P1010784.jpg

P1010786.jpg

P1010788.jpg

I confess I took the pictures before I spotted the bent pitot, it is fixed now, honest  :(

P1010791.jpg

Not as easy a job as I hoped but we got here in the end 

And from Frog came the 800NAS S1 XN953 E /109 from HMS Eagle in 1964

P1010792.jpg

P1010794.jpg

P1010796.jpg

P1010797.jpg

P1010798.jpg

The port undercarriage door suffered damage I didnt notice 'til now when a wheel came off en route to Telford

A fix it tomorrow job for after breakfast

I fitted a fair bit of internal detail in the cockpit and had lots of 'fun' fitting and fixing the canopy

P1010799.jpg

I made rather heavy weather with fitting the conversion set intakes but I am very happy with them now

For fun during Scalemodelworld 2018 I laid a diorama I made of a crewman starting a Royal Navy Jet with a Palouste starter alongside

Here is a view of the scene

P1010801.jpg

The WIP is here

Thank you for looking

• Like 43

My favourite is the white one, but they're both great!!!:clap:

Shame not to have been able to be at Telford to see them personally and meet you and many other mates, but these pictures are finally showing them in all their beauty!

Sea Vixen time now!!!

And then?????????

• Thanks 1

That's two beautiful Buccaneers you have there. Both look resplendent in their respective colour schemes, but for me, the EDSG/White scheme is the only one that any self respecting Buccaneer should be wearing this season. 

Well done Sir, you've done a cracking job with both of these. 

• Thanks 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again .......... beautiful birds!

I meant to ask at the weekend. What grey/blue did you use for the U/C legs? I am told my memory is pretty accurate (photographic my wife reckons) on detail, especially colour, and that looks pretty spot on with all those Buccaneers I saw at airshows in my miss-spent youth. Those were the days when you could stick your head up inside the bays you see. They were also the days before Health and Safety decided in their wisdom, that four Buccaneers flying at around 100 feet from all four points of the compass, in towards the crowd synchronised at about 1 second spacing for the cross over point right above our heads, was a tad dangerous! The Tooms and Vixens did similar stuff. Biggin Hill circa 1968 as I recall. Happy days indeed.

Terry

• Thanks 1

Thankyouall!

😳

Terry, thanks for confirming my colour eye

I bought two Vallejo colours that 'eyed up' as reasonably near and then firmed up on the one I used

Vallejo Model color 70.973 Light Sea Grey (Verde Gris Medio). FS36480 on the bottom of the label, never noticed that before

• Thanks 1

Wow.  a) they look fantastic and b) well done positioning them so perfectly and c) congratulations on retaining your sanity because trying to fit those would have driven me nuts.   All the more kudos to you on your build.

David

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

As ever Bill great builds of old kits, right up my street, never disrespect the old un's. I saw them both at Telford and for me I do like the white scheme, which is odd for me as I like a splash of colour, maybe that's it, the white shows the markings more vividly.

You could do a nice deck diorama with those two nice Bricks.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2018 at 11:13 AM, perdu said:

Thankyouall!

😳

Terry, thanks for confirming my colour eye

I bought two Vallejo colours that 'eyed up' as reasonably near and then firmed up on the one I used

Vallejo Model color 70.973 Light Sea Grey (Verde Gris Medio). FS36480 on the bottom of the label, never noticed that before

Just caught up with this one. Thanks for the colour conform Bill. Will store for future use on my Czech Master Buccaneer S2, if ever I get brave enough to start it!

Terry