Airfix F-35B anyone ?

gareth

I was watching the new video that airfix have put out about the 1:24 F6F-5 and noticed an intruder in the form of a Hasegawa f-35 sat on one of the desks in the office. Coincidence or a potential slip up from airfix ? 

Hasegawa f-35B

• Like 7

I hope they don't copy the Hasegawa kit.  The shape of the upper fuselage doesn't look right to me.  I think, at this time, the kittyhawk kit in 1/48th scale is the most  accurate version of the F-35B at this time.

7 hours ago, Plasto said:

What sort of biscuits are in that packet??

I reckon some kind of butter cookies. Not big enough to be Hobnobs and lacking the chocolate flakes. Could be white chocolate though. Looks like they came in a box which has already been discarded, along with the instructions. Clearly a man who knows what he's doing.

J

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, B.sin said:

I hope they don't copy the Hasegawa kit.  The shape of the upper fuselage doesn't look right to me.  I think, at this time, the kittyhawk kit in 1/48th scale is the most  accurate version of the F-35B at this time.

As long as they don't copy the 'challenging' fit issues of the KH offering....

7 hours ago, Plasto said:

What sort of biscuits are in that packet??

That's the really important question. Why aren't they digestives?? Judging by the designers I know that desk has been cleaned up a bit.... Needs more coffee mugs and a collection of mascots. @Procopius will know what I mean.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

As long as they don't copy the 'challenging' fit issues of the KH offering....

That's the really important question. Why aren't they digestives?? Judging by the designers I know that desk has been cleaned up a bit.... Needs more coffee mugs and a collection of mascots. @Procopius will know what I mean.

If they are planning and F-35B, let's hope they do the wings and fuselage as one peace, and the ram panel  are done very  subtly.

• Like 1

Well spotted! Also there's the BIII Wimpey on the desk too....  of course maybe Airfix are taking a leaf out of Revell's book and rather than doing a completely new tool  to rival the Hasegawa, Fujimi, Cyber Hobby, Kittyhawk versions (Which would be a bit bonkers financially) they will simply rebox the Hasegawa one in RAF markings?

Or maybe Airfix are messing with our heeeds...

TT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like biscuits a LOT and for my money you have a picture of Coconut Rings sitting on top of a Fox's Assortment tin with Ginger Nuts in front of the tin.

I'm off for a cuppa and a chocolate Hobnob or six!

Paul Harrison

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

I like biscuits a LOT and for my money you have a picture of Coconut Rings sitting on top of a Fox's Assortment tin with Ginger Nuts in front of the tin.

I'm off for a cuppa and a chocolate Hobnob or six!

Paul Harrison

Now that’s the sort of insight we need. 

So so do the coconut rings signify that we may be seeing a F-35 in 1/48 or 72nd??

Clearly the Airfix team are partial to a biscuit or two... which is useful to know  personally I had expected to have seen a fresh fruit hamper or perhaps some goji berries. 

But a foxes assortment and ginger nuts make sense..

• Haha 3

This biscuit-related intelligence is vital. We now have a weapon to use in our quest for knowledge.

If only this had been revealed before the weekend. Asda Telford would be out of biscuits, the Airfix team would be in possession of them all and we would all know the release schedule up to 2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can't see Coconut Rings,  I suspect some type of Chocolate Chip Cookie on the Foxes Tin. 

What about the blue packet in the Wooden Box front right.  Mini Milkyway Star  buttons, or Rich Tea Biscuits ?

So if we do want to see that Farley Fruitbat from Airfix, perhaps some leverage in the form of a few tins of Fox's luxury biscuit selection delivered to a few desks at Airfix HQ. Imagine what we could get if we throw in some Jaffa Cakes! Just sayin'.

• Haha 1

I have counted 4 beverage cups in use in that shot this along with the   Biscuits and the new info on the chocolate treats leads me summise that model kit design needs frequent ‘tea breaks’.

Also a comparison to Tamiya’s offices is not without contrast...

45880480051_757116f663_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1