DLT-19s or are they MG34s?

Well, i dont' t really know where to put this. Do they go into the military bit, but that is for tanks and things, or do they go hear, even though they are real, up until a certain point?

'What the hell is he on about?', you may ask. Basically I have got into 'trooping', aka as 501st Legion, and have a Stormtrooper outfit which I am currently putting through to get authorised.  My long term goal is to convert it into a Sandtrooper outfit, which will require BlastTech DLT-19 blaster. Or in real terms an MG34 machine gun, with T section strips on the barrel, a box on the side, and a disc on the left pistol grip. 

So I have decided to build one from scratch, using plastic tubing, wood and other odds and ends.

Here is where we are so far (I am making 2, one for a friend)

pogaadL.jpgXx9YwqM.jpg

Edited by andy wood
  • Like 13

I will be following this post, I have an E-11 blaster by Shepperton design studios but the DLT-19 is my favourite weapon from the films so I will definitely be watching this with interest and might take some inspiration and have a go myself!

Its looking good so far by the way.

Chris.

Edited by Tommygunn1972
Poor grammar

Unless you are a member of a formal reenactment club, making these could fall foul of the Violent Crime Reduction Act, which bans the manufacture, sale or importation of realistic imitation firearms, unless you qualify for 1 of the exemptions.

Here are a couple of photos of some components I have made. They are : pistol grip plate, rear pistol grip mount, triggers, safety catches,  and dust covers for ejector chutes. The metal discs are to go on the left grips, and are the first DLT-19 specific item.

The trigger was dual purpose. The 'E' stood ' Einzelfeuer' for which meant semi automatic fire, and the D stood for Dauerfeuer , which meant fully automatic fire

3CNz4OG.jpgplkPZPP.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

No. Apart from the bipod and rear sights, it is all scratch built. It has come to a halt though as I am waiting for a dry day to do some more sawing outside to make the top feed covers 

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the updates but I have had to wait for fair weather periods during the winter months as I have to use my power sanders outside. Anyway here is where we are now

Top feed covers

be9HaVm.jpg

This will make up the sides of the receiver (eg the main body)

FRFhMvD.jpg

The first of the DLT specific features

aMmZIRS.jpg

Making the butt plate

zW6NNRT.jpg

Charging handle (courtesy of a £4.99 torch from argos)

uOfqUz7.jpg

Not happy with the grips on the pistol plates, i made new ones with corrugated plasticard instead

r5v23Y3.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hello there
Ooops
L57QC1L.jpg
Fixed
3deYhAT.jpg
Butt plate and screw in place
3ahl1qK.jpg
Final filling around butt and buffer release catches. 
mCO369q.jpg
The Lafette tripod lugs are from Sharpie penstP8rv5X.jpg 

Some of the grub screws in place
QYBWbX1.jpg

Edited by andy wood
  • Like 3