Recce (vinten) pod in 1/72 for BAC Jaguar

MigModeller

If you mean the EMI pod Air Graphics produced one. Seems like you can get one on ebay:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Air-Graphics-AIR-AC-069-1-72-Scale-EMI-Linescan-Recce-pod-for-RAF-Jaguars-/173005917810

Also, I have a white metal pod that I acquired many years ago but I can't recall who made it!

Terry

9 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Also, I have a white metal pod that I acquired many years ago but I can't recall who made it!

I believe the white metal pod was made by C Scale. It was jolly heavy when I fitted one to an Airfix Jaguar in the 80s and over the years the weight of the pod caused the undercarriage to splay apart until the pod was resting on the shelf.

• Like 1

Don't be confused between the stonking great wet film old style pods and the Vinten

Air Graphics do make a Vinten

http://air-graphics.co.uk/shop?keywords=vinten&olsPage=products%2Fac-052-thales-vinten-djrp-recce-pod&page=2

Edited by JagRigger

5 hours ago, MigModeller said:

So I seek a EMI Linescan Recce pod.  Are there any plans so I can scratch build it?

If you mean the original pod which was about the same length as a droptank it was included in the Italeri 1/72 Jaguar GR.1 kit which was also reboxed by Revell.

• 2 years later...

I'm reviving an old thread here,

I picked up the Air Graphics pod for use on my build, but I'm not sure about the basic shape. The Air Graphics pod is a perfect circle in cross section, but I get the impression that there is a "crease" or "seam" down the side of the pod based on the photos I've seen. None of the pictures I've found on the internet are great, however, as the pod mostly gets lost in the shadows under the aircraft.

Can somebody please point me in the direction of good reference for the EMI Pod?

Thank you very much.

Hoops

On 8/10/2021 at 3:15 PM, JagRigger said:

I just get a "this content is not available right now"

I did do a search under the Jaguar Appreciation Society page, and found a couple of photos. The Air Graphics piece is definitely missing the "crease," and I'm realizing leaves a good amount to be desired overall. That is especially when considering the price and shipping.