Stan Lee dies aged 95

John_W

his stories were an important part of my life as a child way before the movie MCU was a glimmer. In a way his joint creations brought myself and my wife together,so thanks Stan. The man was an excellent story teller and his legacy will on for a considerable time. I'll miss the cameos for sure his appearances were the cherries on top. Going miss him, he was a constant in mine and many other lives. 

Edited by RACETRACK
  • Like 1

I'm a DC man through and through but I know Stan was a massive influence on comic books. He transformed Marvel from a small company into a mega-giant and encouraged everybody else to catch up.

Closest equivalent at DC was probably Julius Schwartz, who died in 2004. I'd like to think the two of them are now sitting in the Hall of Heroes trying to outdo each other with their story ideas.

• Like 2

I want to be sad, but I can't be.

95 is good innings for anyone and to be able to hit that age and still have your faculties together, as he did, is something to aspire to.

The number of people he brought joy and inspiration to in his time on Earth is astounding and far greater than most of us ever will.

Fair winds to you, Mr. Lee. Thanks for giving us a break from this world by creating other worlds we could visit.

Edited by upnorth
  • Like 1