1/72 - de Havilland DH.83 Fox Moth by AVI Models - released - new boxing, a.o. Gasuden KR-1

Homebee

My pair have turned up! One of each of the first two boxings.  Nice looking kit bearing in mind the limited tooling. Won't bother with showing sprue shots as they are already here in this thread.   A little bit of the expected 'furry ' flash around the edges but easily cleaned up. May well do a wip for one of my builds. 

Roll on the Puss Moth that has been mentioned next.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have just acquired the Kiwi version, but am not interested in the decals as mine will be finished with the Air Decal sheet as the King's Flight Fox Moth, G-ACDD. It doesn't matter which boxing you get, as all versions are covered on a standard sprue. It is going together very nicely. The scribing on the wings makes me think it's almost a copy of the FROG DH60 Gipsy Moth's wings?

Edited by AMB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2019 at 2:26 AM, Roger Holden said:

.......but where is the 'British' version ????

Right!

There are so many incredibly attractive British schemes for this one.

Perhaps they will release some of those eventually.

I put my grain of sand and bought one, though, for the cause.

If the price was a bit more tempting, I would have bought another (the Japanese KR-1 radial version) but not to build the kit's one (which was Japanese police in China, not a particularly nice role) but the Japanese civil version on floats (J-BBMI)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...