This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

1/72 - de Havilland DH.83 Fox Moth by AVI Models - box art+schemes+sprues - release in 2019 - Gasuden KR-1 variant announced

Hooray! Hopefully better than the (aero) poxy one which had its maiden flight against the wall!

We're a little spoilt as AIM Models has been developing a resin Fox for a dogs age so the AVI one will almost certainly steal some of their thunder. 

http://www.aim72.co.uk/page70.html

TT

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT

4 hours ago, ptmvarsityfan said:

Box art looks very good, will this be injection moulded or resin? Hoping for plastic injection.

Cheers, Paul

Their Mitsubishi Claude series are plastic so I am strongly assuming this one is too

On 11/13/2018 at 9:24 AM, Neil Lambess said:

I've actually flown in the one on the box art !

Me too! 😁 Fantastic news, and so exciting to see such a historic airframe as the boxart.

I am in touch with AVI and they are doing  an Australian version boxing, followed by a 'European' version, but unsure whether the spine will be changed.

They are also hoping to do one with floats and skis.

For an Australian version it needs a different fuselage, which I am sure it will have. Many possibilities there.

4 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

For an Australian version it needs a different fuselage, which I am sure it will have.

Are you thinking the bubble canopy, or something different?

I believe it is only the canopy area that is different. Also, I think it's different again in DHC-built ones.

The Australian version should include ambulance, military and civil schemes.

Since I lost my vacuform Aeroclub kit many years ago, this is one I've been waiting for in IM plastic. Excellent news!

Regards,

Jason

That SEAC scheme looks nice, that's two I'll want now. :)

Steve.

I'll buy any boxing that comes along. Already have the first one that was announced on back order. Can't wait!

The box art shows something weird going on around the nose... a bit out of proportion or something.

Unsurprisingly, the parts show the incorrect parallel-sided upper wing fuel tank/centre section, rather than the correct 'trapezium' shape needed to impart reduced sweepback to the Tiger Moth mainplanes (as first postulated here on BM by John Aero).

The fabric surfaces look very 'old school', with simple raised lines to represent the ribbing, which is somewhat 'behind the curve' for a Czech producer.....   Nice to finally have an IM kit, but could have been better.

Posted (edited)

New boxing announced 

- ref. AVI72008 - de Havilland DH.83 Australian Fox Moth

http://avimodels.com/7208/AVI7208.htm

decals

Avi72008_DH83_decal.JPG

- ref. AVI72009 - Gasuden KR-1 Chidorigo, the Japanese version of DH.83 with radial engine.

Source: http://avimodels.com/7209/AVI7209.htm

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

.......but where is the 'British' version ????

Looking at the sprue shots it looks like there is an alternative part for the 'spine ' addition with closed in cockpit too!