Timmas

You have to have a certain flare to carry off a cravat and John seems to have it!

Ah, flare ups...I get those. I don’t know what causes your’s, but UC will be a close ‘friend’ for the rest of my life even though I have a large part of my innards missing. 😕 Hey ho, it’s all part of life’s rich tapestry. Or something 

Well I have difficulty finding Cravats!  

Thank you all for your kind words  Somewhat embarrassingly I actually just stumbled on this thread.  I have always worn cravats from when I had my very first open car. I still drive one today.  I was probably influenced by the film The Fast Lady which was also the name of my first car a pre-war nineteen canteen open two seater Morris. 

The Tiger Moth drawings in the conversation was not for Dora wings by the way, which is what I wanted to say. 

My, work in progress, Wapiti / Wallace drawings, were on view on Dora Wings stand on the Sunday.  To produce these I had incredible private access to some fascinating stuff, but it was all delayed by my illness and it's treatment over the last 12 months. I was originally doing the research for my self, but my technology is now dead as there has been no spares backup or help anywhere in the world for about 15 years. so 75 seemed a good time to retire, before our late autumn bombshell last year.  I'm now helping small enthusiastic companies with research.

Serendipity, is looking into the bowels of a very large full stillage bin and seeing a complete Wapiti aileron spar and the illusive perforated hinge mount staring you in the face!

John

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

cabinet scraper sounds interesting - another Adams innovation!

I got one of the gooseneck scrapers, it's very good for wing trailing edges I found,  a very handy tool I have recommended in a few threads on here in the past, as well as John's vacform "how to" tips as well.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

I got one of the gooseneck scrapers, it's very good for wing trailing edges I found,  a very handy tool I have recommended in a few threads on here in the past, as well as John's vacform "how to" tips as well.

I presume you use it perpendicular to the trailing edge? I’ve used a window scraper for years (another John recommendation!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Aero said:

The Tiger Moth drawings in the conversation was not for Dora wings by the way, which is what I wanted to say. 

Ah, my apologies John...I got the wrong end of the stick. 

Edited by Timmas