Question PR.34 (late)conversion kit by Freightdog

28ZComeback

https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/military-products/freightdog-1-48-mosquito-pr-34-late-conversion-raf-over-malaya-decal-sheet.html

Greetings, 

Does anyone have any experience with the Freightdog 1/48 resin conversion kit for the  Mosquito Pr.34?  Does the resin conversion work with the Tamiya kit?  Is the Rob Taurus canopy accurate for a late PR.34?  I have the old Paragon conversion but would buy the Freightdog kit if it presents a step ahead in terms of scale appearance and detail. Thank you in advance for your kind response.

'Tis I.  Confusingly there seems to also be a user 'Jason C' (with a space) - which is where Woody's notification went!

'Pangolin' was the word you were looking for - small, cute, sadly endangered scaly mammal. 🙂 

I have the Freightdog set, with the intention of using it with the Tamiya kit. Haven't done a proper fit, but (perhaps with a little work) I don't envision it's insurmountable.

Finally, the Rob Taurus B.IV/PR.IV canopy isn't right for a PR.34. The PR.34 has the blown side panels, rather than the teardrops on the RT canopy. Most (all?) also seem to have had the teardrop blister on top.

regards,

Jason

• Like 1

It seems that Freightdog only bundle the conversion now with a decal sheet, but you can get images of the conversion pieces themselves via the link below to the older set.

https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/freightdog-1-48-dh-mosquito-pr-34-early-conversion-set.html

In short, the tailplanes seem fine. BTW, it's the elevators that are larger rather than the tailplane itself. You can see the altered profile in the area of the horn balance.

regards,

Jason

On 11/13/2018 at 11:14 AM, JasonC said:

'Tis I.  Confusingly there seems to also be a user 'Jason C' (with a space) - which is where Woody's notification went!

regards,

Jason

Apologies, I’ve now corrected my post 😳

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, JasonC said:

It seems that Freightdog only bundle the conversion now with a decal sheet, but you can get images of the conversion pieces themselves via the link below to the older set.

https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/freightdog-1-48-dh-mosquito-pr-34-early-conversion-set.html

In short, the tailplanes seem fine. BTW, it's the elevators that are larger rather than the tailplane itself. You can see the altered profile in the area of the horn balance.

regards,

Jason

If anyone wants the later set without the decals I'm happy to sell it that way, just have not got around to updating the website.

Colin