New Tool Gannet in 1:48 by Trumpeter ?

gareth

Well spotted that man!

I suppose a Trumpy Gannet is better than no Gannet at all, and it will give hours of amusement to the rivet trolls and red-liners. No doubt someone is starting 'What's wrong with the new Gannet' thread as we speak.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Well spotted that man!

I suppose a Trumpy Gannet is better than no Gannet at all, and it will give hours of amusement to the rivet trolls and red-liners. No doubt someone is starting 'What's wrong with the new Gannet' thread as we speak.

The only thing that makes me think this may be a red Herring is that Trumpeter already do a gannet in 1:72 and that someone with Hannants has got their wires crossed. But i can dream..

If it is true the big question is AEW or COD flavour ?

• Like 3

Remember that the Classic Airframes moulds are reported having been sold some time ago to Special Hobby. We can therefore imagine Special Hobby is to re-release the 1/48th Fairey Gannet kit - ref. 4158 - as they already did it with some other kits of the Classic Airframes catalogue. To be followed.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

The rumours at the time Classic Airframes folded were that the tooling for the AEW was well advanced. Hopefully somewhere in a corner it's waiting to be rediscovered.

With Trumpeter being involved I don't hold out much hope TBH but I hope to be surprised.

20 hours ago, Homebee said:

Remember that the Classic Airframes moulds are reported having been sold some time ago to Special Hobby. We can therefore imagine Special Hobby is to re-release the 1/48th Fairey Gannet kit - ref. 4158 - as they already did it with some other kits of the Classic Airframes catalogue. To be followed.

V.P.

I seem to remember that Hannats had the Gannet on pre-order about two or three years ago as a Special Hobby release. I did not follow because I have the CA one and a started and incomplete Dynavector (maybe I use the wings and the Airwaves set to graft folded wings on the CA kit someday), so it did not appear on the market?