Hi-Decal 2019 - News and Upcoming Projects

Diego

5 hours ago, Diego said:

- and I would like to avoid to do the same stuff...

Greetings

Diego

For that sentence alone you deserve every success.

Stoppel decals are very nice but having just one or two on a sheet would be no issue with most people I think. Miliverse Decals have Singapore Hunters planned which I think the Airfix kit may accelerate.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Diego said:

One thing I am now thinking about is that Stoppel has already made decals for both Hunter schemes in 1/72 scale and will surely make another sheet in 1/48 scale after the release of the Airfix F.4. - and I would like to avoid to do the same stuff...

Greetings

Diego

My experience with Stoppel decals is that unless you already have an account, or somebody who has an account decides to help you out and include your wants with theirs (Thanks again Sleeper Service!), you can't create an account on the Stoppel web site to get them so you might as well make your own and not worry about what Stoppel will or will not do.

Later,

Dave

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, e8n2 said:

My experience with Stoppel decals is that unless you already have an account, or somebody who has an account decides to help you out and include your wants with theirs (Thanks again Sleeper Service!), you can't create an account on the Stoppel web site to get them so you might as well make your own and not worry about what Stoppel will or will not do.

Later,

Dave

Hi Dave

Once again you're Welcome. I'd almost forgotten about that issue but yes @Diego ordering Stoppel can be a challenge for many people.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diego said:

Many thanks for this information!

Indeed there are really interesting RDAF Hunters in classic camo as well as the green overall scheme with really cool squadron insignia begging to be done, so maybe it will be even possible to include them in this sheet.

The sheet would then look like this:

HD48029 & HD72059  Hawker Hunter F.4 / FGA.9 / FR.10 / T.66 

- F.51 (F.4) Royal Danish AF with colorful unit insignia,

- F.51 (F.4) Royal Danish AF in overall olive green scheme,

- F.52 (F.4) Peruvian AF with colorful unit insignia,

- FGA. 71 (FGA.9) Chilean AF in desert camouflage, 

- FGA. 71 (FGA.9) Chilean AF in ghost grey camouflage,

- T.72 (T.66)  Chilean AF in tree tone desert camouflage,  

- FGA 73 (FGA.9) Omani AF with experimental grey disruptive camouflage,

- FR.10 Omani AF with grey camouflage and combat mission markings,

- FGA.76 ( FGA.9) Somali AF in desert scheme and Soviet K-13 (AA-2 Atoll) AAMs.

Anyway, I will keep you informed!

Greetings

Diego 

Release this sheet and I'll build at least 5 examples off it Diego :speak_cool:

I've already built but not fully finished a Peruvian Air Force F.52 in 72nd scale as I never found anyone able or willing to print me a decal of the colourful noseart badge found on the machine I wished to represent. If you're including that specific unit insignia on this sheet I'd quite happily purchase it for that alone. Although of course there's the added bonus of plenty other cool schemes for which I'll get full value from it :D 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Col. said:

Release this sheet and I'll build at least 5 examples off it Diego :speak_cool:

I've already built but not fully finished a Peruvian Air Force F.52 in 72nd scale as I never found anyone able or willing to print me a decal of the colourful noseart badge found on the machine I wished to represent. If you're including that specific unit insignia on this sheet I'd quite happily purchase it for that alone. Although of course there's the added bonus of plenty other cool schemes for which I'll get full value from it :D 

It will be a real pleasure! I'am just working on it...

Re Peruvian air force, of course, the "14° escuadrón de caza" gamefowl badge will be included too. The only thing I am still not sure is if the badge has been applied on both fuselage sides...but I think it was, as I have seen a "ground training" device with the badge applied symmetrically on both sides of the cockpit...

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Diego said:

It will be a real pleasure! I'am just working on it...

Re Peruvian air force, of course, the "14° escuadrón de caza" gamefowl badge will be included too. The only thing I am still not sure is if the badge has been applied on both fuselage sides...but I think it was, as I have seen a "ground training" device with the badge applied symmetrically on both sides of the cockpit...

Greetings

Diego

That was a question which perplexed me as well while researching the subject. Although I found some images of the subject they only ever showed the left side of the nose with badge in place but if you say to apply the badge on both sides that's what I will do :D 

This is the project as far as it got during the Lesser Built Air Forces GB

Edited by Col.

4 hours ago, Diego said:

Indeed there are really interesting RDAF Hunters in classic camo as well as the green overall scheme with really cool squadron insignia begging to be done, so maybe it will be even possible to include them in this sheet.

Good news indeed Diego, thanks for your efforts on this.

Having in mind the upcoming Bobcat Il-28 Beagle in 1/48th scale, we will upscale our popular Beagle sheets, as HD48035 and HD48036.

01.jpg

(Model & photo B.Pethe) 

Edited by Diego
  • Like 2

On 2/13/2019 at 8:27 PM, exdraken said:

what about including an early Egyptian/ Arab Airforces one?

http://www.harpia-publishing.com/index-ArabMiGsVol2.html#/16

Well, if the subject will prove popular, more sheets will follow, early Egyptian Beagles being of course planned...

Edited by Diego
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

I like Hi-Decal for its interesting subjects and look forward to the upcoming decal sheet on the Hunters. Particularly of interests are the Peruvian (with its gamefowl squadron badge) and Somali markings.

I have a thread started on Hunter markings and was made known by Dennis @sloegin57that the Saudi Hunters, like all decal sheets and profiles in magazines released thus far, have incorrectly show roundels in all four positions. Instead, it adopted the USAF-style system as seen on the Strikemasters and Lightnings.

Perhaps Hi-Decal can consider to include the correct Saudi markings in a future decal sheet?

Thanks for the the excellent range of decals.

Edited by YK GOH
typo

HD48035 Il-28 beagle and HD48036 Il-28 RT/U Beagle/Mascot jhave just been released:

HD48035 IL-28 Beagle:
hidecal2.jpg
hidecal1.jpg

HD48036 IL-28 RT/U Beagle/Mascot:
hidecal4.jpg
hidecal3.jpg

Available soon from our distributors worldwide or directly from Hi-Decal [hi_decal_line(at)ymail.com]

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, Julien said:

I might need some more T-33 kits!

You aren't alone!

@Diego Have you considered doing stencil sheets to allow multiple builds from your sheets? I'd suspect many have old kits with rubbish decals or no stencil data at all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SleeperService said:

You aren't alone!

@Diego Have you considered doing stencil sheets to allow multiple builds from your sheets? I'd suspect many have old kits with rubbish decals or no stencil data at all.

Well, of course this could be done later. Many thanks for this suggestion :)

On the new T-33 sheet there are indeed few stencils included, as

- some aftermarket stencils sets are currently available,

- only the UBAF and IIAF birds have "full" stencilling.

- the 2 IRIAF T-33 got only minimal stencilling after repainting (included)

- The Cuban T-33 was quickly repainted in camo scheme and has no stencils at all.   This means, you will be able to build 3 aircraft from this set completely - for the two others the specific stencils that might not be included on a kit decal are provided - the other ones could be used from the GWH , Academy or Platz (Tanmodel), Sword and Hasegawa offerings.

Greetings

Diego

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

...and here new T-33A  sheet and profiles:

The colors are: 

- T-33A "2-161", IIAF - international orange upper surfaces with NMF underside;

- T-33A "2-8002", IRIAF - very pale grey upper surfaces with light grey underside;

- T-33A "2-8005", IRIAF - light blue and dark blue upper surfaces with light grey underside;

- T-33A "UB-531",UBAF - NMF , nose and entire rear fuselage & tail in day-glo orange, red wingtip tanks;

- T-33A "703", FAR - dark green and grass green camouflage with pale blue underside.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Diego
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

HD48033 & HD72063  -  F-4E Phantom II "Pharaoh's ghosts" will be the next new sheet to be released.

It contains markings for following Egyptian Air Force birds:

- "7813" in disruptive "Compass Ghost Grey" camouflage, 1980,
- "7827" in "Modified South East Asia" camouflage, with orange & black quick ID panels, 1983,
- "7806" in "Egypt One" scheme, with orange & black quick ID panels, 1985.

More soon :)

Edited by Diego
  • Like 6

On July 4, 2019 at 4:02 PM, exdraken said:

very interested!

how many Phantoms did Egypt actually have in the end? quite limited numbers, no? are they still active?

http://www.f-4.nl/f4_42.html

This is a great question as I was not aware of any F-4's going to Egypt but prompted me to dig a little.  Above is a link to a list with a little background.  Don't know if they are still in use.