Grumman Goose

10 hours ago, JWM said:

The canopy is injected mould, isn't? If "yes" it looks that it is the only diffeence between Sword and  AS moulds of Goose. In Sword it is vacu.

Cheers

J-W

This one is injection moulded in two halves. The roof part has ribs as if is canvas or wood over a frame. Neither the ribs or the centre joint posed a problem but one side had some moulding flaws that needed filled and then faired into the ribs. Also I sealed with PVA then put down a couple of coats of interior colour first, then used Liquid Green Stuff as the first layer of filler, in order to ensure that there wasn't filler showing through. 

Edited by 825

Touching up done and transfers on. I'll leave them to cure overnight, clean off the setting solution and then apply a couple of coats of matt varnish. 

resized_c7ee84fc-221e-4e55-86d3-333175e4

Then tackle the undercarriage

• Like 3

A couple of coats of matt varnish and the masks off. 

resized_56087ee5-7e46-4bdc-a045-d10d0b83

resized_3a1e50a1-dcd8-4124-ac84-8645379b

I also ignored the supplied windows for the fuselage and have used Krystal Kleer instead. Looks ok to me. They're under the wing and can hardly be seen anyway. 

resized_012d324f-5450-4dbe-ac97-67a5b7d1

But disaster has struck. I removed the undercarriage legs from the sprues a little while ago, cleaned them up, drilled out holes for axles and glued in some wire axles. And I can't find them anywhere, despite extensive searching. To be fair the house, and especially the room formerly known as the dining room, as dubbed by 825 junior, where I do most of my modelling has been in flux throughout the Christmas and New Year period.  I'll keep looking but I may need to think about a wheels up or beached option. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still no sign of the undercarriage legs so I've decided to finish it wheels up. The undercarriage doors although small were a nightmare to fit, too large and even when sanded down didn't fit the opening well. I probably also removed too much. So a bit of filling was needed. Slowly but surely getting there. 

resized_b67662b7-b918-4e31-af90-4d8c2fee

I've also added the props, part of the exhausts and some of the other 'sticky out' bits. Once I'm happy with the touched up paint finish and put some matt varnish on I'll hopefully get finished off. 

• Like 1

Pretty much finished. All the sticky out bits stuck on including the wheels. There is a little bit of paint and varnish to be done but  I'm away in France to watch some rugby this weekend so it'll be early next week before I get the final bits done. Meanwhile here's where we are at the end of today. 

resized_c920e12c-ded7-4523-b07a-1c20e4a8

resized_ceb35955-379e-488c-8a4c-3ee9ebd6

• Like 1

Finally finished. 

resized_c445ade8-9668-4ca4-9877-70abc9a4

resized_574f29c7-fe10-42a3-8414-d1bab48f

Now just need to find some way of displaying it for the Gallery. 

• Like 3