Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

CedB

Hawker Siddeley Nimrod MR1 - 1/72 Airfix

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, CedB said:

the top of the i/p (what is that called?)

 

Coaming?

 

Door looks a bit big to me...... (just kidding and running for cover....!!)

 

K

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2018 at 11:19, CedB said:

 

 

46011653651_f8ca6c24d1_z.jpg

 

 

 

 

Wow is that Duke Nukem ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice butchery Ced, she looks much better now.

The overhang above the instrument panel is the glareshield. 

 

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SA80A2AR said:

CedB you have a knak for doing everything perfectly.  have you ever been to Yorkshire Air Museum???  theve got a nimrod.

Thanks Brock :) No, I haven't been to the Yorkshire Museum but it's on my list of places to visit.

 

3 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Good assortment of tools on display there Mr B, and a good result achieved.

I hope your Alleycat stuff arrives soon, I'm also still waiting for my Spitfire fuselage from Eduard, getting quite impatient now.

Good luck with the wings.

 

John

Thanks John :) Wings… scary.

 

3 hours ago, giemme said:

I'm no expert, but I think that's more like it! :thumbsup: :clap:

 

Great overall surgery job, BTW :clap: 

 

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio :) 

 

 

In an effort to avoid the wings I've started the wheels and constructed the front wheel bay. 

As there are no location holes anymore (they're in the floor, now out of reach) I've cut off the lugs and stuck it together on some 0.8 Plasticard:

 

46025248662_b682e55bd9_z.jpg

 

46075356741_319d747e30_z.jpg

 

Now painted, I'll set it aside until later.

I read somewhere on here that you shouldn't glue the u/c together yet so that it can be retracted to avoid knocking it off (fnaar!)

Done :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CedB said:

the thingy nestles much better:

Nestles? You're building with chocolate?

 

Coaming or Glareshield. Either will do, though the latter is a bit transatlantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:
5 hours ago, CedB said:

the thingy nestles much better:

Nestles? You're building with chocolate?

Oh, Ced could make some tiny little things for us with that, So we don't need more pop corn.

https://whereismyspoon.co/chocolate-crossies/

Ok, I'm decadent, I know.🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a plateful* of those chocolate cracknels in the fridge.

Her indoors made them at the weekend. Chocolate overload!

 

*Well, there are some left after the kids etc raided the plateful!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

*Well, there are some left after the kids etc raided the plateful!

Well, I'm not surprised about that. :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think sorting the intakes out looks to be a worse job than it is It should be relatively simple, albeit time consuming job to re-sculpt them with Miliput.

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant surgery Ced. For a split second I thought you were doing this one wheels down. Then I thought better of what I thought. 😁

 

keep it up good buddy.

 

John. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CedB said:

RB Productions 'Contour Saw' - the set's worth every penny.

Invaluable items.

I think it was you put me onto them Ced some time back.

9 hours ago, CedB said:

Wings.

They have intakes on them.

That aren't right apparently.

Oh good grief…

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I think sorting the intakes out looks to be a worse job than it is It should be relatively simple, albeit time consuming job to re-sculpt them with Miliput.

 

Martian 👽

 

looks easy from over here!

 

 

 

 

 

 

continue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

think sorting the intakes out looks to be a worse job than it is It should be relatively simple, albeit time consuming job to re-sculpt them with Miliput.

 

As I would do : Treat them with a file (crude to fine) A bit of milliput then and filler up to fine or superfine, whatever you got in your stash. The kit has a solid base for that  I think. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea to wait for the Alleycat stuff before you close up the fuselage. The instructions for the Alleycat  windscreen advice you to insert a thin sliver of plasticard between the fuselage halves just behind the cockpit to widen the fuselage slightly. This will make the Alleycat canopy/windscreen conform to the fuselage width better. Easier to do this when you have the Alleycat part at hand so you can check how much the fuselage needs to widened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don`t know, I stay away from the thread a couple of days and chaos and comedy join.

 

All is looking good there Ced.

 

Simon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Nestles? You're building with chocolate?

 

Coaming or Glareshield. Either will do, though the latter is a bit transatlantic.

Oi! Are you accusing me of being " a bit transatlantic "??? Is that even legal? There must be a support group somewhere.... it's not a choice, it's the way I am!

 

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Nestles? You're building with chocolate?

 

Coaming or Glareshield. Either will do, though the latter is a bit transatlantic.

22 hours ago, bbudde said:

Oh, Ced could make some tiny little things for us with that, So we don't need more pop corn.

https://whereismyspoon.co/chocolate-crossies/

Ok, I'm decadent, I know.🙄

22 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

We have a plateful* of those chocolate cracknels in the fridge.

Her indoors made them at the weekend. Chocolate overload!

 

*Well, there are some left after the kids etc raided the plateful!

22 hours ago, bbudde said:

Well, I'm not surprised about that. :whistle:

Coaming, thanks Pete :) 

As for all this talk of chocolate, you're all mean. As an attempt to stop some 'sleep apnoea' I've put myself on a diet. As we all know, men put on fat around their tums and on their tongues. Nothing worse than a fat tongue.

 

19 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I think sorting the intakes out looks to be a worse job than it is It should be relatively simple, albeit time consuming job to re-sculpt them with Miliput.

 

Martian 👽

Thanks Martian - some help with the shape later will be appreciated :) 

 

18 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Brilliant surgery Ced. For a split second I thought you were doing this one wheels down. Then I thought better of what I thought. 😁

 

keep it up good buddy.

 

John. 

Thanks John :) YES, wheels down, bomb bay open and maybe even dropped flaps (although that could be tricky).

 

18 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Invaluable items.

I think it was you put me onto them Ced some time back.

giphy.gif

Thanks Tony :) Love 'Young Frankenstein' - Eyegor, what a hoot.

 

17 hours ago, hendie said:

 

looks easy from over here!

 

 

 

 

 

 

continue...

Easy for some 'proper modellers'. For us kit bashers, a challenge! :) 

 

17 hours ago, massimo said:

Nice interior and crew!!!:clap:

Thanks massimo :) 

 

17 hours ago, bbudde said:

As I would do : Treat them with a file (crude to fine) A bit of milliput then and filler up to fine or superfine, whatever you got in your stash. The kit has a solid base for that  I think. Cheers

Thanks Ben :) I have Black, standard and fine Milliput (of course) but putting it on may be trickier than just buying it!

 

11 hours ago, Sten Ekedahl said:

Good idea to wait for the Alleycat stuff before you close up the fuselage. The instructions for the Alleycat  windscreen advice you to insert a thin sliver of plasticard between the fuselage halves just behind the cockpit to widen the fuselage slightly. This will make the Alleycat canopy/windscreen conform to the fuselage width better. Easier to do this when you have the Alleycat part at hand so you can check how much the fuselage needs to widened.

Thanks Sten - helpful. I'll hold on for the bits then :) 

 

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

I don`t know, I stay away from the thread a couple of days and chaos and comedy join.

 

All is looking good there Ced.

 

Simon.

Thanks Simon :) I know, what a crowd eh? Keeps me amused though…

 

55 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Oi! Are you accusing me of being " a bit transatlantic "??? Is that even legal? There must be a support group somewhere.... it's not a choice, it's the way I am!

 

Ian

Not me! :) 

 

 

Avoiding Intakes Chapter 5.

Problem - my mid-range specs that I wear most of the time have broken; so much for the bendy metal bridge then. Tried to stick them with CA:

 

32215244108_89ca88faf6_n.jpg 45175097765_8c531221e6_n.jpg

 

No good. I may need to resort to type (mild English eccentric) and apply some tape. Or sticking plaster, that's traditional eh?

 

Anyway, wheels chopped off and painted:

 

46086771121_e183d16cb1_n.jpg 45365586814_a29ab4cf18_n.jpg

 

Can't avoid the intakes any longer.

But wait, perhaps I should paint the insides first? Marked up and splodged with H130

 

44273609550_8d2c02b1d1_n.jpg 46039998222_fe71e01d88_n.jpg

 

I'm not sure how many of those dents are ejector marks and how many are 'features'. Won't be seen on the ceiling anyhow.

 

Time to bite the bullet and sort these out:

 

44269157720_82989f642c_z.jpg

 

… so that they look more like these:

 

Comet-Intakes_03.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CedB said:

I know, what a crowd eh? Keeps me amused though…

And that`s what I like about this forum Ced.

The folks who use it.

 

Simon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CedB said:

Problem - my mid-range specs that I wear most of the time have broken; so much for the bendy metal bridge then. Tried to stick them with CA:

 

32215244108_89ca88faf6_n.jpg 45175097765_8c531221e6_n.jpg

 

No good

 

I'll bet if you apply superglue to your neb first, then rest the glasses on the proboscis, then they'll never come apart... or off!  guaranteed!

 

 

 

36 minutes ago, CedB said:

Time to bite the bullet and sort these out:

 

I think I'd approach this in a couple of stages..... apply a thin sausage (2 or 3 mm diameter) of milliwhatever around the inside of the intake and blend the outer edge of the millistuff to the existing intake (ignore the inner part  of the sausage and the actual intake for the mo'

Once hardened (the millistuff!), I'd then try to get the aperture shape correct. Once I was happy with the intake shape, I'd then slap more milliputian magic stuff in behind your sausage and blend that into the inside of the intake

 

Does that make sense to anyone (or is it only in my head?)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ced, For the intakes: They seem too be to flat onthe top So milliput on that. The inner space between them  looks ok for me. The air grill maybe too round. The landing light should be just much nearer to the outer intake. So you can get the height of it and some plasticcard on the outer side. The intake is too round at the bottom and should be filed flat in the middle and filled with milliput again. Then fill some milliput on the inside. They are too wide and should be more shallow/and narrow  and narrower to the rear .And file the inner ones to the fuselage then more flat to get a more square look. That's all from me on that. Cheers

Edited by bbudde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...