Disagree

You

By eye

Will be fine

'E said.

What I couldn't have said.

Better.

Ced.

Make with the positive waves - it's a beautiful thing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CedB said:

Can you also see how perspective is so important?

Exactly...

...and you can use that to your advantage when you're done do take the photos from the angle that shows them in their best light. ;)

• Like 1

On 30/11/2018 at 12:31, Hamden said:

There is NO doubt you will overcome this minor set back and provide an outstanding result on these intakes as well as the rest airframe!

Roger

Thanks for the confidence Roger :) 

On 30/11/2018 at 12:33, Courageous said:

Size does matter...

Stuart

Of course :D 

On 30/11/2018 at 12:35, perdu said:

Disagree

You

By eye

Will be fine

You can see from those shots what Jamie was explaining, the biggest disparity is behind the lower edge of the intake inside the trunking

Although it seems the upper bulges are wrong in fact there is not really much to do 'up there'

A very thin wettish layer of Dol Magic will meld into a fine light thickishness, soon sanded tidy 

Thanks Bill - it shall be done, soon :) 

On 30/11/2018 at 14:39, robvulcan said:

Looks like you are gonna have fun with the intakes. Milliput and flies at the ready with Mr Surfacer 500. A few hours of sweat and swearing and you will be good haha

Thanks Rob :) 

On 30/11/2018 at 16:23, limeypilot said:

Use the other eye then!

Ian

:rofl2:

On 30/11/2018 at 17:06, hendie said:

that's why I mentioned these.....

[clip meatloaf]

oops, not those ones...

these ones....

[clip sausages]

formed around the inside of the intakes, and blended with the forward edge - THEN begin working on the inside shape

Thanks hendie :) Meatloaf? I would do anything for… sausages, but I won't do that 🎶

On 30/11/2018 at 18:15, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Hi Ced, really enjoying the thread, Nimrod is coming together well,  mmmm sausages, could you use the spare acetate for windows?

Thanks Colin :) Acetate for windows? Now there's an idea…

On 30/11/2018 at 20:35, Head in the clouds. said:

Brown sauce anyone?

Yes please, HP only :) 

On 30/11/2018 at 20:58, TheBaron said:

'E said.

What I couldn't have said.

Better.

Ced.

Make with the positive waves - it's a beautiful thing.

Thanks Tony :) 

On 30/11/2018 at 21:01, perdu said:

I agree wiv 'im

oh

oh well, I do, I do

(not marrying the beggar tho')

:)

:rofl:

On 30/11/2018 at 22:35, Matt_ said:

Exactly...

...and you can use that to your advantage when you're done do take the photos from the angle that shows them in their best light. ;)

Aha, thanks Matt :)  Are you suggesting I take photos that hide any faults? As if…

Little done as Mrs B has been clearing out the top floor. I did find this though:

31208157557_a9566e0b70_z.jpg

…which I'll have some fun with - Big Big Fun!

I have stuck in the kit landing light parts with lots of TET and sanded them to shape:

46097087302_de884d8b9b_z.jpg

In preparation for the new landing lights. I have a plan…

• Like 12

4 hours ago, CedB said:

[clip meatloaf]

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks hendie :) Meatloaf? I would do anything for… sausages, but I won't do that 🎶

meatloaf?

meat... LOAF??

M@#&##@F ??

meatloaf you said, right?   meatloaf...

MEATLOAF ???????????

you uncultured barbarian you !!!!  Them's not meatloaf!!!  Them's SAUSAGES!       SAUSAGES !

Grinners_breakfast.jpg

(Note: the full compliment of eggs and tattie scones has been omitted for clarity)

SAUSAGES I tell you!   Real sausages.   Known in the homeland as Square sausage. (or Lorne sausage)  A key ingredient in a roll an' sausage,  (not to be confused with a sausage roll - that's a completely different animal (unless you make it with square sausage of course.... but that would still be a sausage roll - just a very good one!)

I offer to evidence m'lud.... a roll an' sausage

0001-750x400.jpg

or the venerable piece an' sausage. ( for authenticity - with a piece made from a Pan Loaf)

tumblr_lza5o76yD81qk9otv.jpg

Does any other nation produce a sausage that actually fits their slice of bread sir?  Do they sir? No sir!      No, they do not. 

That's how canny the Scots are y'know.  Pneumatic Tires, Tarmac, Telephones, Television, Radar, Dolly the sheep, and a sausage that fits ona piece.  What a nation (just don't mention sports)

(We tried it with eggs too, but the hens complained too much and the cost of germoline for the hens made the cost prohibitive)

vierkant-ei.jpg

It's a sausage!

No, wait...

it's not just a sausage...

It's the King of sausages.  The sausage all other sausages aspire to .  The only thing better than a square sausage is square sausage with brown sauce on it.  And the only thing better than that is a square sausage with brown sauce on it on a roll.  With an egg... and a tattie scone

If you look closely you can even see that the Nimrod intakes were modeled on the square sausage  - okay they had to make a few adjustments but the basic square sausage shape is irrefutable

sounds like you need to go to Sausage Re-Education Classes m'boy!   Bad eyesight is just not an excuse here!

meatloaf....   huh!

Edited by hendie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hendie said:

SAUSAGES I tell you!   Real sausages.   Known in the homeland as Square sausage. (or Lorne sausage) 

There used to be a Scottish cafe near where I live; it was a sad day when it closed and re-opened as a French café because much as I like croissant, pain au chocolate and cafe au lait, Lorne sausage is a thing of which brings joy to an otherwise dull existence.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hendie said:

It's the King of sausages

If I may interject hendie, the King of sausages is surely a Lincolnshire sausage made in the land of Yellowbellies, sorry, no pics, I have eaten them all this weekend.

As for the intakes, I am glad someone else thinks they are square, I didn't want to say ought for fear of getting egg on my face ( darn food thread again)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

If I may interject hendie, the King of sausages is surely a Lincolnshire sausage made in the land of Yellowbellies, sorry, no pics, I have eaten them all this weekend.

if you've only ever eaten groats or gruel, you'd be forgiven for not realizing what manna from heaven porridge is.   :P  (just joshing.... honest!)

Kudos to you sir... you can at least recognize a sausage...   unlike some other of our brethren on these pages

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

B+++er the sausage, I hanker for the pan loaf and proper breakfast rolls

And just a wee bit salt in the porridge

Square sossij I can get but proper bread?

Just a weak similarity to the rolls at Asda

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CedB said:

which I'll have some fun with - Big Big Fun!

Haha, Ced: 1. I'm glad she! and you found it. 2. I'm glad it is/was still there. 3. I 'm glad she didn't say: "Ok, they are no little children anymore, so get rid of it". 4. I'm glad  to know, that she will not ask you : "Oh, what's going on/wong with my man? Has he gone crazy now?  I won't mind. He's a good one! "(in general ( as far as I know) )"

Maybe. Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hendie said:

you uncultured barbarian you !!!!  Them's not meatloaf!!!  Them's SAUSAGES!       SAUSAGES !

Cripes - nothing like a cross Scot is there? Sorry hendie, got it now, sausages.

Even if they are the wrong shape :) 

2 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

The more I look at the pictures of the engine inlets the more complicated they look and how Airfix have struggled to capture them. Mindboggling!

Thanks Gary - I shall try my best! :) 

2 hours ago, Beard said:

There used to be a Scottish cafe near where I live; it was a sad day when it closed and re-opened as a French café because much as I like croissant, pain au chocolate and cafe au lait, Lorne sausage is a thing of which brings joy to an otherwise dull existence.

Hmmm, perhaps I should put it on the 'must try' list? Washed down with some Irn Bru do you think? :) 

2 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

As for the intakes, I am glad someone else thinks they are square, I didn't want to say ought for fear of getting egg on my face ( darn food thread again)

2 hours ago, hendie said:

if you've only ever eaten groats or gruel, you'd be forgiven for not realizing what manna from heaven porridge is.   :P  (just joshing.... honest!)

Kudos to you sir... you can at least recognize a sausage...   unlike some other of our brethren on these pages

2 hours ago, perdu said:

B+++er the sausage, I hanker for the pan loaf and proper breakfast rolls

And just a wee bit salt in the porridge

Square sossij I can get but proper bread?

Just a weak similarity to the rolls at Asda

Oh, now look what you've started :shrug: 

2 hours ago, bbudde said:

Haha, Ced: 1. I'm glad she! and you found it. 2. I'm glad it is/was still there. 3. I 'm glad she didn't say: "Ok, they are no little children anymore, so get rid of it". 4. I'm glad  to know, that she will not ask you : "Oh, what's going on/wong with my man? Has he gone crazy now?  I won't mind. He's a good one! "(in general ( as far as I know) )"

Maybe. Cheers

Thanks Ben - I shall try to get it working soon, but in case you can't wait here's a video from YouTube. :D 

1 hour ago, robvulcan said:

Damn I’m hungry now !

Sorry Rob :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CedB said:

Thanks Ben - I shall try to get it working soon, but in case you can't wait here's a video from YouTube. :D 

Ok, that is really great. Hahaha. Now I understand. Maybe some cooking things on delivery to her for german Plätzchen  for christmas? Who knows, but fun to look at that working well.. Cheers

• Like 2

Bit of a crisis here at the moment. Only a small one but irritating.

The bay at the front of the house has a roof that's serviced by its own drainage (the main roof gutter is above it).

The bay roof gutter drains through a hole in the lead into a little pipe.

The pipe gets blocked over the years and the gutter fills up.

Water leaks over the edge and comes in through the roof of the man cave.

I noticed because of the drips AND one of the Mosquitos flying out of formation.

I have a little pump that fits into a drill.

BOTH my batteries are flat - how did THAT happen?

So I tied a yoghurt pot to some string and went fishing, emptying the water into the main gutter.

Takes ages.

But not as long as uploading a video to YouTube and trying to find out where it went… :angry:

• Sad 6

Sausages...mmm, Lorne, Lancashire, Irish, Cumberland, anything except American!

But that might explain where the Yanks get the idea of sausage "patties", although what Patricia had to do with it I don't know.

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You should try some of the french offal sausages ( and I don't mean awful, although they are ), I tried one at  BBQ once and one mouthful was enough.

I have been fishing also, to empty the downstairs loo which has a leak, in preparation for the arrival of the plumber.

John 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

You should try some of the french offal sausages ( and I don't mean awful, although they are ), I tried one at  BBQ once and one mouthful was enough.

I have been fishing also, to empty the downstairs loo which has a leak, in preparation for the arrival of the plumber.

John 

Andouillette... one of the worst things I've voluntary sat still for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

anything except American!

Indeed.

in this area the choice is hot Italian, sweet Italian, various insipid Bratwursts, and the American homegrown saturated with maple syrup or some other sugar like substance. 

Don't even get me started on what passes for bread around here... a marshmallow like substance saturated with high fructose corn syrup and with added sugar just in case your taste buds weren't already overdosed on the sugar that's in everything else.  

in the interest of full disclosure I have to say that you can't beat the seafood and meats though

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Just to stray back to the Nimrod briefly...

Nimrod?... where?

• Haha 5