Hawker Siddeley Nimrod MR1 - 1/72 Airfix

CedB

22 minutes ago, Matt_ said:

Mind. Blown. 🤯

Maybe this is coincidence, maybe there's some grand plan from The Creator and all this talk of sausages is something that's coursing through the very fabric of the universe at this time? I have no idea. What I do know, is that I've just got in from work to find I've been served bangers and mash for dinner. 

Trevor 

• Haha 4

On 12/4/2018 at 1:01 PM, Max Headroom said:

The Lorne Sausage is sold out

Just give me five minutes ma'am and it'll be ready again...

200px-AdamaLL1.jpg

Arrived back on this thread to find it in the gutter and Ced filling an opening.

Disgusting.

You should all be thoroughly ashamed of myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Matt_ said:

Mind. Blown. 🤯

Maybe this is coincidence, maybe there's some grand plan from The Creator and all this talk of sausages is something that's coursing through the very fabric of the universe at this time? I have no idea. What I do know, is that I've just got in from work to find I've been served bangers and mash for dinner. 

All well and good, but what sort of bangers were they? Good old meaty ones, soggy ones full of breadcrumbs, offal tubes, pork, beef, venison, tofu, bland, spicy, or any permutation and combination thereof? Enquiring minds need to know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bbudde said:

Hello, as a german I can say, that you really can't define that in a this or that way.  The ending -chen  is usually used for smaller things ( Haus/ Häuschen;  Fahrrad/ Fahrrädchen), but can also be used to express minimisations ( Schatz/Schätzchen; Blume/Blümchen). Sometimes for ironic purposes ( e.g. for a big villa: Schicke Hütte/schickes Häuschen). Also pejoratively ( Du bist so ein armes Würstchen!).  And now for the Wurst itself:  One Bratwust is 100gr, when you buy one here. Below that they are usually called Würstchen  ( c.a. 50-60 gr. quite apart from the lenghts or girth) I would say. Above that 100 gr it's called a Wurst here  Again quite apart,  if it is a one 100 gr Bratwurst or 1kg Salami, which has to be cut. That's the rule here. An execption is a trademarks, special names  etc. like Nürberger Rostbratwürstchen, maybe Halbmeter Würstchen ( which is Wurst then). And last but not least colloquially at a Barbeque "schmeiß ich noch ein paar Würstchen auf'n Grill", which are a 100gr Bratwurst or a much smaller  but longer 100 gr. Bratwurstschnecken So you can use both words anyway and I would know what you mean. Cheers

Tacking a -chen suffix on to every noun you can think of may come across as horribly twee but at least you know it's das something-or-other and not der or die. A survival skill for learners of German! In my current neck of the woods, -le does the job too.

Ditto adding -je or -tje to Dutch nouns to make them all het something-or-other and not de.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Steve Coombs said:

All well and good, but what sort of bangers were they? Good old meaty ones, soggy ones full of breadcrumbs, offal tubes, pork, beef, venison, tofu, bland, spicy, or any permutation and combination thereof? Enquiring minds need to know.

Blimey. Not had another bloke this interested in my sausage since that time I wandered drunk into a soho nightclub.

For enquiring minds, it was Morrissons The Best Thick Pork Sausage. For dinner, that is.

Edited by Matt_
It may have been an imaginary comedy situation, but I should still get my homophones correct.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Kirk said:

(But thanks for the German tip, Steve. I've always thought that there had to be some logic behind why it is das Mädchen and not die Mädchen!)

You both learn very well and nearly nailed that.  The words with a suffix -chen in singular is "das"  and in plural "die". So both is correct. Cheers, but I'm too tired now for german grammatics tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Matt_ said:

Blimey. Not had another bloke this interested in my sausage since that time I wondered drunk into a soho nightclub.

I can't quote on your  sausages Matt as I never heard about your meal ( which I  have googled). Hope you had fun with it and I have had fun with refreshing  my german and english grammatic terms and words to explain something right. Cheers

• Haha 1

Grrrnnnggghhhh....

Sorry chaps, the neighbours dinner was 'a good night'. There was wine. Yesterday was a write off :( 

Today we're going to an 'Escape Room' in Bristol.

All being well I'll be back after lunch.

If not, please send a rescue party.

In the meantime, hold on to your sausages (fnaar!)

• Haha 12

10 hours ago, Matt_ said:

No idea.

Anyone know what the record is for number of pages of sausage related discussion between OP's model posts?

Not really, but as a research project you might like to look into Nigel's food related input/intake ratios

Maybe...

• Like 2

I enjoyed yet another Feuerwurst on the way home today. Definitely more-ish.

It's my employer's Christmas do tomorrow. Festive catering for about 5000 people (not everybody attends!), and the formal sit-down nosh is served in the canteens. Sausages, burgers, crepes, nachos, and other delights with calories visibly hopping up and down on the surface are served in the food courts outside. Soft drinks, beer, wine, cocktails, and Glühwein too. Let's hope the weather behaves.

Oh, how I will suffer.

I shall make amends by getting my Nimrod out of the stash with a view to a build over my Christmas break. I have a mind to build one of the aircraft I saw at RAF St Mawgan while holidaying at Trewan Hall in 1976.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CedB said:

Grrrnnnggghhhh....

Sorry chaps, the neighbours dinner was 'a good night'. There was wine. Yesterday was a write off :( 

Today we're going to an 'Escape Room' in Bristol.

All being well I'll be back after lunch.

If not, please send a rescue party.

In the meantime, hold on to your sausages (fnaar!)

Fret ye not Ced, we seem to have things pretty much under control here!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

By under control he means that in a non-modelling food fashion, this thread 

is available for viewing by anyone on this space borne rock with tinternet access.

(Therapy and calorie reduction advice available at additional cost + postage)

BTW, the large white space in the Martians post is available for rent. Also at additional cost.

• Haha 9