Hawker Siddeley Nimrod MR1 - 1/72 Airfix

CedB

3 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

in preparation for the arrival of the plumber.

Oh dear. From sausages to French plumbing.

Never a dull moment on this thread.

Wot Nimrod? I never touched it, Guv. :fraidnot:

• Haha 5

Nimrod seems to be rattling along quite nicely Mr B.  The guttering can do one. Stupid guttering. I know your pain. I have an old Victorian (house) with metal gutters, this rain is playing havoc. Good luck dear boy.:rain:

Johnny.

• Like 1

Why is it that  threads on this forum continually mention food somewhere?

Does it go hand in hand?

And now plumming too?

Must admit though, all jolly good fun...

Guttering is one thing we do not have any problems with, we don`t have any ....

Ah Nimrod, the battle of, you doing a grand job there Ced.

Awaiting your master plan to...

Simon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

From andouillette to French plumbing is usually a very short journey indeed, Pete.  I concur with the BM hive mind; andouillette is appalling stuff.

Mmmmm.  Sausages.  A second vote for Lincolnshire here.  Though a true Cumberland sausage is a fine thing.

Nimrod, the mighty sausage hunter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

I know your pain. I have an old Victorian (house) with metal gutters, this rain is playing havoc

Hello John, I know that kind of things, but I'm really happy for this massive rain here at the moment coming in from you. And warm, so no snow at the moment. Best way to get the fields wet again to the ground,  before just freezing it only to the surface. A hard summer it was from April to October with roundabout no rain! Cheers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

There is a Nimrod around here somewhere  and a bloke embraced in a battle royale with it, any one seen either of them?

Sausages and especially square sausages are so much more fun. Now having read recent posts on this thread, I don't think I'll be able to look at a Nimrod intake again without having pangs of hunger for a square sausage with brown sauce. In fact I can smell them already. 

• Haha 5

There is a Nimrod around here somewhere  and a bloke embraced in a battle royale with it, any one seen either of them?

He went fishing apparently, and with his bad eyesight - who knows where he ended up.  The man can't tell the difference between a meatloaf and a sausage.

2 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Hmmmm...

Jokes about sausages are the wurst.

Oh dear..... I thought I'd closed that door behind me!

Let's just hope he's not trying to fit that Cornish pastie to the top of the tail fin

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thanks guys - normal service will resume as soon as possible (with sausages).

I finally sorted out the video on YouTube, even though it's portrait not landscape - frustrating but maybe my fault.

I hope you can see the gully full of water below the main gutter. What a pain.

The drill batteries eventually charged and I was able to pump out most of the water.

The roofer is coming to try to sort out the drain and leak but it's sorted for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I can't believe you had me watching a video of you draining a gutter. :D

What has the world come to?

If this continues, I'm going to find myself following links to videos of paint drying.

On the other hand, if you can get sponsorship revenue from the gutter video, the world is your lobster. Forget modelling shed - mansion in the Bahamas with hot and cold running filler + a gold lined spray booth.

Going for a lie down now - with my medication...

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I can't believe you had me watching a video of you draining a gutter. :D

I just thought exactly the same - and then he didn't even show us how he got the cup unstuck from under the roof - does that mean we can expect a sequel Ced....?! :rofl2:

Keith

• Haha 7

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else upload a video of their own onto here? How many millions of views have you had now. Does this mean that Ced is one of them there ‘influencers’ I’ve been reading about?

Maybe he’ll be giving advice on the best sausage to buy. 

Trevor

nice Nimrod btw

• Haha 4

Umm, not wishing to sound like a smarta**e but if you cleared the blockage wouldn’t the gutter drain itself?

I must say for an island famed for precipitation you’d think a better system of guttering would have been developed.  To be fair though, every time the wind blows mine fill up with leaves, bits of bark, twigs and other detritus, the downside of having big eucalypts near by.

AW

• Like 1

So, back to sausages! Lincolnshire for me please with HP Sauce. One thing I've always wanted to know is why bacon in the US is so different to UK bacon? Surely the pig is much the same? ...so what do they do with that joint of meat instead of make bacon with it? S'mystery to me. 

Meanwhile, back at the Nimrod (remember that?), I'm inclined to stick my fingers in my ears and go 'La-la-la can't hear you' as I don't think the intake shape difference is so massive when standing 2 or 3 ft away. I always do my aircraft wheels down, so I guess FOD covers might mask a few sins if applied. 

Gutters? Remove the blockage and its all over, even a small hole would allow it to drain. 

Love the Big loader, I'd have been made up with that as a youngster, clever design. 😋

• Like 3

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

@hendie

https://parkersbritishinstitution.com/shop-online

This might help! Now, where's that Nimrod? 🤔

Ian

Funnily enough, I was on that very website just the other day.  I may invest in a sausage or two.

and some pies.

I make my own square sausage though.  And tattie scones.  And soda scones

and Atholl Brose

Nimwhat?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

@hendie

https://parkersbritishinstitution.com/shop-online

This might help! Now, where's that Nimrod? 🤔

Ian

The Lorne Sausage is sold out.

Lincolnshire or a Cumberland Ring. With lots of buttery mashed potato and lashings of onion gravy.

A huge smattering of English Mustard in the side.

Food of the gods.

I’d be inclined to do wheels down and with FOD guards.

Trevor 

• Like 1

I've come back from my lie down only to find that things here are getting worse:

"C'mon Ced, show us your 'rod!" (I paraphrase)

Really? Surely this kind of encouragement will have him sniggering all day and the chances of any model aircraft building will be negligible.

All this gutter talk of sausages & rods has to stop, gents. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1