Supermarine Stranraer civil airliner, Matchbox 1/72nd scale

An absolute beauty, Moa, as always.  One Matchbox's best kits in my opinion,  I wonder if this is the aircraft which now resides at Hendon.

• Thanks 1

I, too, missed this one first time around. Might have been something to do with that little show at Telford. It's interesting to see that your modelling skills haven't improved over the years🤭

What happened to the wheels when it landed on water? Could they be retracted? I couldn't work it out from looking at the model.

Anyway a really nice job.

John

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 5:55 AM, John R said:

I, too, missed this one first time around. Might have been something to do with that little show at Telford. It's interesting to see that your modelling skills haven't improved over the years🤭

What happened to the wheels when it landed on water? Could they be retracted? I couldn't work it out from looking at the model.

Anyway a really nice job.

John

Glad you found it. I will do my best to improve. But after six decades of modeling it's very unlikely.

Those were part of the beaching gear, removable, as was the tail dolly (mentioned in the photo captions).

Not part to the plane itself.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:31 AM, dogsbody said:

A pox on Whiskey Jack Decals and their maker! That S.O.B. owes me $35.00 Cdn. and/or the decals I ordered years ago. I know he was being investigated by the police for ripping people off. I still get pixxed off whenever the subject comes up.

Chris

Chris,

I heard that Whiskey Jack owner Gordon Parker passed away some years ago. Can anyone confirm this?

Many people got ripped off by Whiskey Jack decals. One online airline hobby shop lost over $1,000 in prepaid orders.

Long ago Gordon Parker contacted me about a planned comprehensive decal sheet for all of the 1934 MacRobertson air racers that Parker was going to produce. I provided lots of information on each aircraft's color scheme/markings but, of course, nothing became of this.

I also provided Parker with colors/markings and drawings of Wop May's Lockheed Vega, CF-AAL, for another planned decal sheet. I wonder where all my reference materials ended up at?

Tim

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VH-USB said:

Chris,

I heard that Whiskey Jack owner Gordon Parker passed away some years ago. Can anyone confirm this?

Many people got ripped off by Whiskey Jack decals. One online airline hobby shop lost over $1,000 in prepaid orders.

Long ago Gordon Parker contacted me about a planned comprehensive decal sheet for all of the 1934 MacRobertson air racers that Parker was going to produce. I provided lots of information on each aircraft's color scheme/markings but, of course, nothing became of this.

I also provided Parker with colors/markings and drawings of Wop May's Lockheed Vega, CF-AAL, for another planned decal sheet. I wonder where all my reference materials ended up at?

Tim

Yeah, that loser hosed a lot of people out of a lot of money. There was a bit of talk on the Wings Of Peace forum a number of years ago. He had ripped off quite a few of those members, too.

Chris