HS Trident 1C BEA - 1:144 Airfix

Mig88

Hawker Siddeley H.S. 121 Trident 1C G-ARPC, British European Airways, early 1970s.

Airfix 1:144 kit with decals from a TwoSix Decals sheet.

Although I am mostly a military aircraft modeller I sometimes make incursions in other fields. This is perhaps my most serious attempt at an airliner so far (the second) and a project I really wanted to do since I was given this kit back in 1990s. Fortunately Two Six released a sheet covering the livery I wanted instead of the British Airways scheme that came with the kit. I built this kit in 2013. The white was airbrushed but the remaining colours (the main ones being Xtracolor) were brushed on. It didn't come out perfect precisely due to the painting but I'm pleased with it nontheless.

As always, thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Miguel

OVOSRY-LEAVSLLDFHEJqX8NFgbpkBbTg_2ENpnxa

GQtBEMxi5_WXLb7q2CVSf6S6F2k-U7vozYrY7ytC

BCSIPweiZExD7gY4T777NhnYVyGFOdSYUh1CzJmt

PT0LxPPZf1huffYbw5qM2cYfatibFs9QqYRDQ6vJ

R3WIzvmumNU1UCNBHd8vpRP3diV3Xg4S8EFnwUdD

klvFhVPO0naIyvmKv2-A0Y4nmrnQdIEdjQ3ciYSA

472pFObtyOYKWD9WWz9nQvSIM-ss3MZf3LhCOU3g

laL182zu3ARjZ1DVB7CfJz2TUbiYAAdAqvzV-BSa

DD5iJsxEn5lWbZZMWu2fNrEBPVQwSmJ2e62fCaBi

3NI1EA7_DKqgf8mq8lRLdhyhiiVP4mul8X7-zJDn

• Like 30

Thank you very much everyone.

Richard, thanks for pointing it out. I checked the kit instructions and it's a flaw in the Airfix kit which I missed completely. At least it explains why the opening is large on one side!

Miguel

• Like 1

looks brilliant - classic plastic brought back to life most superbly

My dad flew these when he left Hamble flying school before taking his command on Viscounts for BEA - I have vague memories of flying around Europe on Trident jumpseats - in particular fron Gibraltar on T3's with the boost engaged

great to see to grand old days of BEA are still being brought back to life by the modeller

• Like 1

Thank you very much, everyone.

My personal connection with this plane is that I left England in October 1975 in one of these just before I turned 8 years old. We flew to Frankfurt to stay with my German grandparents while my father finished setting things up in Barcelona. On the flight they gave my brother and me each a postcard with a photo of Trident in this livery so when my father gave me this kit, I always had the idea of finishing it like this.

Cheers

Miguel

Beautiful work. Brings back memories of sitting on the grass beside (then) Runway 28R, and watching so many of these lovelies landing. In those days (late 60's), as spotters, we could just climb up the bank on the left side of the tunnel entrance and sit on the grass by the runway. Recall an airport "security" vehicle stopping off to ask us what sandwiches we had packed that day and just reminding us not to stray onto the active runway itself! Happy days.

Terry