F4 Phantom FG.1

Recently finished after a very long time on the shelf of doom. This one caused me a few problems and after a nasty incident with some defective paint, lingered without being finished for quite a while. I decided I would try to get it finished off today to make room for something else. The downside to the Fujimi Phantom is the complete lack of detail in the intakes but now that the Airfix kit is out, British Phantom lovers are well catered for.

Other than the paint disaster, the kit was generally pretty good and fitted together quite well. I had some issues with the cockpit (my aftermarket bang seats were too big and needed a lot of fettling) and this ultimately led to the canopy not fitting perfectly as some of the more observant of you may notice! The only other issue I had was the lack of sidewinder pylons as these aren't supplied in this boxing unfortunately. Maybe I'll get round to scratch buiding some eventually but I doubt it!

Anyway, on to the photos. Apologies for the poor quality as I rushed to take a couple of snaps before the light faded...

44916818445_39e2b4cb9b_b.jpg

44916817775_20fcbd9c83_b.jpg

44916816565_27b3313627_b.jpg

Cheers for looking,

GJ

Edited by General Jumbo
  • Like 20

45 minutes ago, John_W said:

My favourite Phantom scheme ever. Spent five years at Leuchars, and the sound of 43 Squadron flying out to intercept Bears over the North Sea is one you don't forget.

I'm not quite old enough to remember the Phantom years but I fondly remember them flying F3s from Leuchars!

3 hours ago, David Womby said:

What's not to like here.  The Fujimi Phantom is still my preference and you've made a lovely job of that one.  

David

Thanks. When I started this,  the Airfix kit hadn't been released so it was the only real option! I can understand why the Fujimi Phantom is still rated though - it's a nice kit.

21 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

Very nice Phujimi Phantom 🙂 

Thanks!