Eduard Triple Combo 1/72nd Spitfire F Mk.IXc, F/Lt. František Vanci, 611. Sqdn, Autumn 1942

I got over my nervousness with Eduard and discovered the joys of a well-designed kit.  It was joy to build and I took my time (for me, that is).  Here it is...

All the paints were Vallejo and Vallejo Air except for the dark green which was Tamiya XF-81.  I was very pleased with the Sky Type S on the spinner and the tail band.  I weathered very little...some smoke, a bit of dry-brushed aluminum along the engine panels.  The decals decided to behave as long as I used plenty of solvent.  

Not much else.  Alas, when I looked at the pictures I realized I hadn't painted the radio antennae.  Also...does there need to be a wire from the rudder to the antennae?  The instructions do not have an option for this and they are quite detailed.  I can fix both of these things later if needs be...

What else...Hmmm...not much, really.  Well, gents, it feels odd to say this, but Happy Armistice Day.  It seems like we haven't learned much since 1918.  Still at it with hammer and tongs.   

31954072318_83e7295ede_z_d.jpg

44008224240_f333afa2ab_z_d.jpg

45775738192_738b0d815c_z_d.jpg

45775737872_3a49d6015f_z_d.jpg

...and with her sisters...

44911663155_1a3d21870d_b_d.jpg

The Spitfire A-Go-Go continues with this...

45775737572_47a095b942_z_d.jpg

The marking options are interesting.  1) Non-specular blue all-over 2) a dark grey and slate grey and 3) an earth brown and dark blue.  I need some advice on this, I think, so anyone who wishes to weigh in, please do.  I have the Osprey Maltese Spitfire book too.  I'll start it up this evening after supper...

--John

• Like 31

4 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Alas, when I looked at the pictures I realized I hadn't painted the radio antennae.  

..there's nothing like posting a pic of your finished model to realise you've missed something ...

nice work!

1 hour ago, FalkeEins said:

..there's nothing like posting a pic of your finished model to realise you've missed something ...

nice work!

It's one of the unwritten rules of modelling!

Cracking Spit as well.

Pete