Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

One I finished a while back but never bothered posting, the Hobbycraft Bearcat in 1/48. I modified the cowling profile a little, added some detail to the wheel bay and used Microscale decals. Fun kit, so good I went and bought two more afterwards! 😀😀

 

EdqJF0t.jpg

 

Ytsv9wZ.jpg

 

Fp1aDeA.jpg

 

laFxIgb.jpg

 

Thanks for looking!

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Chris,

Great job on your Bearcat !

What are the cowling modifications required ?

Did you have a WiP for this kit ? I have an hobbycraft kit and a Testors one too.

I think of starting it next year so every tip is valuable to me !

Really love this little brute of a Navy bird and you make her Justice !! :partytime:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Chris,

Great job on your Bearcat !

What are the cowling modifications required ?

Did you have a WiP for this kit ? I have an hobbycraft kit and a Testors one too.

I think of starting it next year so every tip is valuable to me !

Really love this little brute of a Navy bird and you make her Justice !! :partytime:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Hi Corsaircorp,

 

Thanks for the feedback! In answer to your question about the cowling, it’s explained in the first picture of this posting (not mine):

 

Nothing a bit of sandpaper can’t handle! That WIP thread also shows mods to the engine bay similar to mine. Looking forward to seeing your Bearcat! :)

 

Chris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, airbus320 said:

Hi Corsaircorp,

 

Thanks for the feedback! In answer to your question about the cowling, it’s explained in the first picture of this posting (not mine):

 

Nothing a bit of sandpaper can’t handle! That WIP thread also shows mods to the engine bay similar to mine. Looking forward to seeing your Bearcat! :)

 

Chris

 

Gosh, is it nearly 10 years ago I built that?

Glad it's still proving useful :)

 

Jonners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a badass little fighter!

 

Great work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice indeed. Colourful. You may or may not have seen this remarkable video. The Bearcats are too far away but other tenants of Glenview featured More modelling inspiration.

 

Edited by noelh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, noelh said:

Very nice indeed. Colourful. You may or may not have seen this remarkable video. The Bearcats are too far away but other tenants of Glenview featured More modelling inspiration.

 

Beautiful Bearcat!  I used to fly out of NAS Glenview.  Its now mostly empty $800,000 homes.  My old Office is in the first part of the old control tower.  It is now preserved but is a high end store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I saw that, kids clothing isn't it? Empty 800k houses? What a waste. 

If there's a heaven it's a NAS in the fifties. Look at that flightline. 

I was in Chicago in 2016. Great city.

 

 

 

Edited by noelh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Video is really interesting revealing  the weathering on a host of Navy aircraft.

 

Loved the exhaust stains and matt sections on the engine cowl of the corsairs and the forward gun turret arrangement on the catalina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice neat and very smart model. The Bearcat was a lovely looking aeroplane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I like that a lot Chris superb smooth finish,I'm on with the Panther in the Grumman GB and have it in mind to build a Bearcat as I've never

done one before I've looked at the newer releases but this one may be the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, noelh said:

Yes I saw that, kids clothing isn't it? Empty 800k houses? What a waste. 

If there's a heaven it's a NAS in the fifties. Look at that flightline. 

I was in Chicago in 2016. Great city.

 

 

 

You should have seen it in the 60s!  If we were good, my dad would take us to the edge of the airfield and we would watch their DC-7 do touch and goes.  It was really cool growing up in Park Ridge, Illinois, suburb of Chicago.  We had O'Hare Airport that flew Boxcars and KC-97s.  They'd come rumbling over the house, they looked beautiful in all silver (aluminum).  It was great to fly out of Glenview NAS as a pilot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice! I love the Bearcat after seeing it fly at an airshow a couple of years ago. You have a terrific rendition of it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...