Canberra Family tree

canberra kid

John..

Exceptionally thoughtful of you and BRILLIANT job .

Well done.

Is it alright to bookmark it and share it on another forum I am on with your permission.its another modeling forum.

Thank you for taking the time and great effort to do the Canberra genealogy tree. Really appreciated. 

:worthy:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

John..

Exceptionally thoughtful of you and BRILLIANT job .

Well done.

Is it alright to bookmark it and share it on another forum I am on with your permission.its another modeling forum.

Thank you for taking the time and great effort to do the Canberra genealogy tree. Really appreciated. 

:worthy:

Thanks Houston, sure no problem.

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canberra kid said:

No Selwyn, it's more by engine type rather than airframe, the 7 would be a branch from the 3 and 5&6 if I was going aiframe. It would soon get very messy! I've tried to keep it clear and concise. 

John

Ahh I see. 

As somebody who doesn't know an awful lot about canberra's  I feel It would probably be for me  more understandable if the evolution was done on airframe marks rather than engines type, hence my mistake!

Selwyn  

• Like 3

Hello John, hope you are well.

As ever superb work that will help many of us understand the complexities of the Canberra evolution and family tree, I hope this isn't a prelude to you retiring and leaving us all alone 😉

I must admit I did not realise there are so many US versions, it is a family all of it's own.

Thanks John

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Hello John, hope you are well.

As ever superb work that will help many of us understand the complexities of the Canberra evolution and family tree, I hope this isn't a prelude to you retiring and leaving us all alone 😉

I must admit I did not realise there are so many US versions, it is a family all of it's own.

Thanks John

Retire? No such luck! 😊 no I'll still be around putting my three h'pth in on all things English Electric and Canberra. The American versions are very much of a muchness, not as visually as intetesting as the British ones, apart from the D, G and F that is. 

John

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Retire? No such luck! 😊 no I'll still be around putting my three h'pth in on all things English Electric and Canberra. The American versions are very much of a muchness, not as visually as intetesting as the British ones, apart from the D, G and F that is. 

John

Them's fighting words, podnah! 😡

Mike

Seriously, John- many thanks for taking the considerable amount of time it took to make this away from your modeling, and share it with the rest of us. Muchissimas gracias, amigo!

BTW- who makes the most accurate BMk 2 wheels in 1/72?

10 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Them's fighting words, podnah! 😡

Mike

Seriously, John- many thanks for taking the considerable amount of time it took to make this away from your modeling, and share it with the rest of us. Muchissimas gracias, amigo!

BTW- who makes the most accurate BMk 2 wheels in 1/72?

No problems Mike, now the wheels, at one time it would have been Aeroclub, but there's a new kid on the block, but the name escapes me, I think it's mentioned on the S&M Canberra thred?

John

22 minutes ago, Robert said:

Sorry to go off topic but are these nearer to the type of wheel hub ?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RS72-0118

Robert

HI Robert, 

Nice as they are, unfortunately not, they are the 'big' wheel as fitted to Avon 109/24 powered Canberra(and some export baby Avon types) the wheel that Mike is looking for is a very diferant design, as a point of interest the same company also do a very good set of Martin paten wheels in 1/48 and 1/72, all I can say is they must have had some very good reference ;) 

John