1/48 Tamiya Kettenkrad SdKfz 2 (Finished)

ScanmanDan

Just my latest distraction.  I'm always mucking about with little bases.  I'm trying to get a few materials and techniques together that will consistently give me good, quick results.  I like to work fast because if a project begins to drag I know I might just flit off to something else.  Here's the result of two weekends work so far.

Tree%2007-X2.jpg

Tree%2008-X2.jpg

Tree%2010-X2.jpg

Tree%2011-X2.jpg

Uwe is just going to nip up to the top of the hill with some gear then back to the bottom for another load, sure beats having to lug the gear up by hand.

More next week if I can get the airbrush out to tackle the little critter.

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 8

Nice bit of diorama'y stuff, very "Better Homes & Gardens", Mrs R would be most impressed !

You've given me the incentive to drag out my Dragon/Esci Kettenkrad which keeps muttering "build me...build me..." from under the stash bench.

Might pass on the diorama though, at 1/9, it might take up too much room.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Uwe and his mount.

Rog

• 4 weeks later...

Progress? A long, enjoyable day at the paint bench. Purple primer, then yellow base coat with some shading sprayed on. Then break out the brushes to block all the colours in. Chips and scratches, then a quick shot of gloss from a rattle can followed up with some pin washes with oils and Tamiya enamels. Still some way to go but progress.

Tree%2014-XL.jpg

Tree%2015-XL.jpg

Tree%2016-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the nice feedback guys.

I have been a little sidetracked as I try my hand with a little set of etched bicycle kits.  I want one for the background.  I first tried the standard bike and made this.

Tree%2020-XL.jpg

Quite rough but sturdy, looks like a bike and taught me a bit , well enough to try the step through bike.

Tree%2023-XL.jpg

Thankfully I still have a couple of more kits to practice on.  :)   I have some more ideas to make it a bit better.  On this one I tried removing every other spoke to 'lighten' the look of the front wheel.  I think the front wheel looks a bit nicer.  I will do the next kit with both wheels done this way.  The rear sprockets still wrong but I have some ideas for that too ;) .  

Thanks for dropping in for a look.

Dan

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Softscience - The flora is a mix of home made and commercial products.  If you want to know how I made them let me know which ones and I'll do my best to explain.

I pushed through and finished this today.  I think it came out okay.  I sure had fun building it and got to try out a whole lot of new things.  Some of them even worked  .

Tree%2025-X2.jpg

Tree%2027-X2.jpg

Tree%2028-X2.jpg

Tree%2029-X2.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

• Like 3

That's a very nice Kettenkrad - the driver thoughtfully avoiding the shrubbery. The various washes really bring it to life and the flora is magnificent.

Must get my Dragon 1/9 version out from the bowels of the stash, your model has given me inspiration, Dan, and I'll be pretty chuffed if it comes out as well as yours !

Cheers,

Rog