World War 1 - Eleventh Hour - MK A Whippet - 1/35 Takom

PlaStix

On 18/11/2018 at 12:22, GREG DESTEC said:

Yet another superb result Stix,

I love the mud on the tracks, which looks very realistic to my eye.

All the best Greg😁

Hi Greg. Thank you very much for your kind comments but cannot take the credit for the mud - it's a great product from Vallejo. All I did was apply it carefully!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 20/11/2018 at 12:27, Redcoat2966 said:

Great job Stix, really; really nice. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:yes:....just the right amount of everything............

Simon.

Hi Simon and thank you very much for your comments.

Also - a big thank you to anyone who voted for my Whippet and FT-17 vignette in the Eleventh Hour GB! 

Kind regards,

Stix

On 21/11/2018 at 12:10, stevej60 said:

Complete's a great pairing Stix,excellent work.

Thank you very much Steve. I was quite pleased with how they looked when side by side. They kind of compliment each other.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 21/11/2018 at 19:09, BlackMax12 said:

Yet another masterpiece from the Plastix collection.

I've used up all of the adjectives I can think of on your previous builds so I will just say......"wow" again.

Not jealous at all, at all.......

Take care,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd. You are way too kind - thank you very much......and you have absolutly no need to be jealous at all!! I have seen your builds! :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 23/11/2018 at 05:53, shizheng18 said:

Such amazing results!!!!
I want to say a little detail, this tank is very slow so it can't get the mud to the side and the place away from the track, although it looks so good.

Hi shizheng and thank you for your comments. You are quite correct that the tank was slow but, in my head, I have done it as if it had gone through muddied, undulating tarrain and as if mud had fallen from the top run of the tracks. This was one of the photos I had found:

46330061652_19f1f11485_z.jpg

I cannot find the copyright for this image as I found it via Pinterest but if there is a problem with it being here I will remove it.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/12/2018 at 15:11, KonigsStreegan said:

wow, I think you did a fantastic job.

Hi KonigsStreegan and thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 10/12/2018 at 02:48, SoftScience said:

Wow wow wow wow wow! I need to have you teach me how to brush paint, because the looks all the world like an airbrush job with all the fancy zenithal light modulation that some modelers are doing now.

Hi SoftScience and thank you very much for your comments. If you check my signature at the bottom of my posts you'll find a link to my video showing how I do my painting with flat brushes (but please note I have no idea what zenithal light modulation is!)

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi SoftScience and thank you very much for your comments. If you check my signature at the bottom of my posts you'll find a link to my video showing how I do my painting with flat brushes (but please note I have no idea what zenithal light modulation is!)

Kind regards,

Stix

Fascinating video. 

I was surprised to learn that you do NOT paint in the same direction, and it is interesting that the paint you're using doesn't begin lifting after you keep painting over the same areas. I think your results speak for themselves, and I'm not questioning your methods. I'm just surprised to see you doing what I've always been told not to do, and yet the results you get look so wonderful.

Will have to try it. Thank's again, for pointing me to your link. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 16:21, bazer said:

Wonderful  work like everything about it.👍

Hi Bazer and thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 12/19/2018 at 1:55 PM, PlaStix said:

I cannot find the copyright for this image as I found it via Pinterest but if there is a problem with it being here I will remove it.

As this image clearly dates from before 1943 it is out of copyright, which lasts for 75 years.  Unless it is an official British government photo in which case it is technically copyright for 125 years.  But this is rarely, if ever, enforced for historical information such as this on the basis of public interest: much is openly published by IWM.

Publishing websites, image hosting sites etc cannot legally claim any ownership of third-party images placed on their sites.  To do so they must own the "original", which was easier in the days of film negatives but in the days of digital imagery can probably only be proved by any embedded metadata.  But the time rules above still apply regardless of ownership.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/01/2019 at 13:51, corsaircorp said:

Hello Stix !

Nice pair !

Sincerely.

CC

Hi CC and thank you very much!

On 08/05/2019 at 21:14, McNab said:

A beautiful rendition of an incredible duo. Top marks! 

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew. Thank you very much for your very kind comments. 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2