1/48 Sukhoi PAK-FA T-50-1 Prototype

Here's another one that was started years ago and put back in the box due to a big move. It's an awesome kit, only one of this scale and not without challenges. It is all OOB as the kit contains all you need; one piece fiberglass fuselage, resin parts, full intakes, metal reinforced landing gear, photo etch, vac formed canopy and a great decal sheet with all the stencils.

The build had a quite a few disasters in the final stages, I had to replace the canopy (luckily HpH provide 2) and it's a little rough up close but it looks ok from a distance.

Now I'll have to wait for a mainstream kit so I can do a production version with that all flaps, engines drooped gangster look. 

G4zgQI4.jpg

zD5LenG.jpg

OFq0t3F.jpg?1

8mhAdFr.jpg

6Kqincm.jpg

n2jBBfm.jpg

7u716ol.jpgDwDxHBm.jpg

Crx77u1.jpg?1SZfafJw.jpge1oZOPr.jpg?1Njxj2HJ.jpgVVn3a9S.jpg?1zfCwnZA.jpg?1DCzHrC2.jpg

XU860QT.jpg

HDMXMAB.jpg

SxUtCOo.jpgrGoGbbh.jpgq9wq55F.jpg15nzIgs.jpg

• Like 55
  • Thanks 3

Hello Paul,

Excellent replica of this Sukhoi. To me a copy from the F-22 Raptor.

Also my compliments on your excellent photography.

Regards, Orion.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I'd love to know how you managed to achieve that copper-toned area on the engines

Thanks y'all, I'm glad you like them.

I made them this way after spending far too much building time collecting reference photos off the internet and from magazines.

I used photos like this

MUIIyly.jpg

And after making the overall copper like coverage used Micron masking tape to start to make the patterns

BNw5ATG.jpg

And then some more

flOgyqt.jpg

And then applied washes and scumbles to give it more sheen and depth.

I noticed the Su-35s have the same kind of patterns and did the same thing on my first Su-35.

TLLEnE5.jpg

I think with 1/48 scale Flankers it takes the same amount of time to do the engine painting as the overall camouflage!

My current build has the strange blue thing going on top and bottom-

jWGiyvz.jpg

• Like 3

Man, that's amazing work on the engine areas. Someone (hint) needs to write a LONG how-to one making those effects and others. I have spent a lot of time trying and failing to get these areas up to your standards. Well done Sir!

- I missed this one for an imperative reason  ,Telford SMW ,  It is one of my favorite aircraft still on the work bench and  still working on it I think I will consider  it more seriously thanks to your very inspiring building . Well done Sir.....

On 1/14/2019 at 11:48 AM, IPMS19 said:

It is one of my favorite aircraft still on the work bench and  still working on it

I've followed your build, you've taken a model that requires a lot of work and made it even more of a challenge updating it to Su-57.  My hat's off to you and look forward to it being finished. Have you seen the recent AKAN colors for the digital versions?