This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Exterminatus

Convair F-106A Delta Dart, 1/48 Trumpeter

Trumpeter kit, Aires cockpit, Eduard Falcon missiles, Caracal markings, fündekals:) stencils - highly recommended! The stencil set really brings it to life:)

Cheers from Czech rep.

Andrew

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

10.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

hi ALL ,

at the other end of the Scale I'm buildin' the PLATZ 1/144 Delta Dart

For 1/144 scale it is top notch... except the Intakes are a N.Q.R.

The mouldingS are so fine that I warped the Fin and Wingtips somehow...... no heat anywhere.

I'm buildin' their AV8A Harrier too great kit..... but a but of panel alignment around the Wing jointis needed

and the Outrigger Legs ? ...... well they just break orff   hhhhhhrrrr !

cheery "modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G.3156

Beautiful job! They really don't make em (or paint them) like they used to.

david

Nicely done.   I used to watch these at Fresno Air Terminal while I was flying charters into there.  An all day air show with formation

takeoffs and landings.  I don't know who the photographer was but this captures the scene very well.

59-0136F-106A-135-CO194FISCAANG.jpg

6 hours ago, jeaton01 said:

Nicely done.   I used to watch these at Fresno Air Terminal while I was flying charters into there.  An all day air show with formation

takeoffs and landings.  I don't know who the photographer was but this captures the scene very well.

59-0136F-106A-135-CO194FISCAANG.jpg

Great photo.

Very very impressive, any problems with the Aires cockpit?, they are  usually a struggle to go into the body.🤩

Bob

On 11/10/2018 at 9:42 PM, Retired Bob said:

Very very impressive, any problems with the Aires cockpit?, they are  usually a struggle to go into the body.🤩

Bob

Surprisingly not. Of course I had to reduce the thickness of the side walls, but then it fits perfectly. Lucky me🙃

Thank you for your comments!

Impressive work. The cockpit looks great and you painting is flawless 👍

Outstanding work, congratulations! I can imagine the size of Dart in the 1/48th scale... I have a Meng kit in the gentleman scale, and it’s looks very large even in 72nd.

Cheers! 😎

Outstanding work!

As for the black radom and anti-glare: What colors / varnish did you use here?

Cheers

b.

6 hours ago, Exterminatus said:

Surprisingly not. Of course I had to reduce the thickness of the side walls, but then it fits perfectly. Lucky me🙃

Thank you for your comments!

Cheers for the info, I have the A and B models to build, just hope they come near your standard. Just have to make the decision on markings, so many nice ones out there.😋

Lovely build, first class work