Convair F-106A Delta Dart, 1/48 Trumpeter

hi ALL ,

at the other end of the Scale I'm buildin' the PLATZ 1/144 Delta Dart

For 1/144 scale it is top notch... except the Intakes are a N.Q.R.

The mouldingS are so fine that I warped the Fin and Wingtips somehow...... no heat anywhere.

I'm buildin' their AV8A Harrier too great kit..... but a but of panel alignment around the Wing jointis needed

and the Outrigger Legs ? ...... well they just break orff   hhhhhhrrrr !

cheery "modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G.3156

Nicely done.   I used to watch these at Fresno Air Terminal while I was flying charters into there.  An all day air show with formation

takeoffs and landings.  I don't know who the photographer was but this captures the scene very well.

59-0136F-106A-135-CO194FISCAANG.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jeaton01 said:

Nicely done.   I used to watch these at Fresno Air Terminal while I was flying charters into there.  An all day air show with formation

takeoffs and landings.  I don't know who the photographer was but this captures the scene very well.

59-0136F-106A-135-CO194FISCAANG.jpg

Great photo.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:42 PM, Retired Bob said:

Very very impressive, any problems with the Aires cockpit?, they are  usually a struggle to go into the body.🤩

Bob

Surprisingly not. Of course I had to reduce the thickness of the side walls, but then it fits perfectly. Lucky me🙃

Thank you for your comments!

6 hours ago, Exterminatus said:

Surprisingly not. Of course I had to reduce the thickness of the side walls, but then it fits perfectly. Lucky me🙃

Thank you for your comments!

Cheers for the info, I have the A and B models to build, just hope they come near your standard. Just have to make the decision on markings, so many nice ones out there.😋