***finished*** Airfix B-17 take 2

PhantomBigStu

19 minutes ago, Ol' Scrapiron said:

That is a strange fit (or non-fit) ... Is it somehow twisted a bit? Looks like a slight turn counterclockwise might be a little better, but wow that is odd.

I had for problems

earlier with the fuselage around the cockpit which needed surgery to fix, can only assume it’s left the nose wider than it should be, perhaps some further surgery might close the gap

• Like 1

I've been quiet the last few days, anyone who's seen my post in chat will know why, but was beavering away on this over the weekend, sorted out the nose, now its nothing a little filler and perhaps sanding can't fix. That been done and the decals will go on at some point. 

46763303421_dac0e7f840_b.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like you got that fixed :yahoo: I added the nose cone in my build last night, and found out there´s no "lip" around the upper part of the part, just the chin insert to seat it on the fuselage. Maybe yours has Apparently that´s why Airfix has managed to mold the cone so much thinner that Revell? Your build is very close to finish line now! V-P

Hi PBS,

Strange is an understatement! Never seen that before either!

Possibly center the nose glazing and remove the excess all around? That way it may not look skewith?!

Have fun (?)

Cheers

JR

• 2 months later...

Well, work somewhat paused on this one, for some strange reason instead of starting the nimrod today I felt compelled to finally finish the turret and add the wheels, though I could not get the turrrt housing to fit so some scratching was needed, must remember in future the ball turret must be done before the fuselage is closed 

46628423515_54c9779594_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Nearly there, just to clean up the olive drab around then blackened windows, Matt the upper turret, regloss the canopy, nose and wing lights and turret if necessary, and attach the guns, aerials and props, the olive drab is really fiddly though around the nose guns, really thin framing

47528879662_dc83a1f744_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a beauty, Stu! For your future actual 8th AF veteran build, there are both the Boeing GB and the Night and Day GB proposals out there that would be good for that purpose... Just waiting for your signing on to them (both) :coolio:. V-P

53 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

It's a beauty, Stu! For your future actual 8th AF veteran build, there are both the Boeing GB and the Night and Day GB proposals out there that would be good for that purpose... Just waiting for your signing on to them (both) :coolio:. V-P

Consider me signed up for the Boeing one should have been given I signed the Boeing centenary Gb that didn’t make it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, vppelt68 said:

...there are both the Boeing GB and the Night and Day GB proposals out there

I'm already signed up and eager for the Night & Day, but I haven't seen anything about a Boeing GB. I looked in the Future Group Builds ... where do I find it to sign up?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it in the GB Chat section. All signed up.

And very nice on the Texas Raiders build PBStu!!!

Edited by Ol' Scrapiron
  • Like 1