***finished*** Airfix B-17 take 2

PhantomBigStu

As my post in the chat, I’m weak willed and now have one of those on order, built it before, though never finished it, I think I know what not to do so I should be able to pull this one off. Will be like the first in all over olive drab. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Glad to have you aboard! A perfect opportunity to build this Take 2 here and also finish the Take 1 in the current KUTA GB when you get to that stage, they'll go hand in hand 👍. V-P

Sadly no, the fort was unfortunatly damaged during redecoration earlier in the year so I cut my losses so that won’t bemaking an appearance in the kuta, welcome to check out the b-25 which I have in there, which is partially responsible for me caving and entering this GB

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• 3 weeks later...

Some interior paint work, wrecked the bomb bay bits first time round by assembling it, painting it in situ and then trying to add the bombs after, this time assembly will come last so I should have a nicely painted bomb bay that won’t be seen 

32261269578_07f74ce914_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

Looking good so far .... you have nearly caught my build up :)

I’ve checked it it, might scratch some oxygen bottles myself. Anyway bomb bay and cockpit is all done, slotted together fine, now to progress through the interior 

44329904810_ed978fc216_b.jpg

45422922784_a3cbbf2547_b.jpg

• Like 5

Life as well as troublesome cheek peices (next time I will install them before painting the fuselage halves) has slowed progress, but the upper base painting will be done later, then it’ll be the sanding and painting the neutral grey before the red and lighter OD areas are painted (with what I haven’t figured) have got another build decal ready though. 

46416473021_94ebf99ee5_b.jpg

45504148965_bf66f3b94b_b.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Would have liked to get the canopy sorted, but had to sort Flickr out, as most know they are imposing a 1000 pic limit for free user later this month, and today’s was told from Tuesday those over won’t be allowed to upload, so I had to purge mine to be under the limit so at least I can finish this Gb on Flickr. But did get the plale drab and grey bits painted 

45721110255_495c72e118_b.jpg

• Like 3

I don't use flikr so I don't know if this is possible, but can you open a second flikr account and just start uploading the new stuff to it? You probably need a second email to use to set it up but I think that shouldn't be too hard to work around. Seems like that would be an easier option than purging hundreds of photos when you know you'll have to do more each time you upload new pics.

Just thinking out of the box so you aren't compelled to be stingy with pics.

21 minutes ago, Ol' Scrapiron said:

I don't use flikr so I don't know if this is possible, but can you open a second flikr account and just start uploading the new stuff to it? You probably need a second email to use to set it up but I think that shouldn't be too hard to work around. Seems like that would be an easier option than purging hundreds of photos when you know you'll have to do more each time you upload new pics.

Just thinking out of the box so you aren't compelled to be stingy with pics.

turned out there’s was a lot of redundant pics on my account so got some room left before it hits 1000 again, but when it does I’ll do that, I have at least one email registered under a pseudonym so that’s keep me going a for a year or two further unless flikr cotton on......:) 

• Like 1

Nearly there, though thinking it’s at least worth trying to strip the cheek, side and tail windows to clear rather than using the paint them gloss black method that I have no choice but to use on the waist windows (one fell out and took a lot of sanding to get it in from the outside). After that though it will be decal ready 

45763887695_7e2ddc9e71_b.jpg

• Like 2