A-10's over Kosovo

72modeler

OK, Hawgaholics- this one's for you! I have been conversing with one of my ex-USAF fighter pilot and BAE friends regarding the A-10, and I found this report. It was written by the pilots who flew A-10's in Operation Allied Force, and has many first-hand accounts. It is a fascinating report, and I myself learned a lot about the aircraft and its capabilities from those who actually flew and fought the Hog. So much for the lack of survivability in a hostile modern combat environment. (My opinion, you understand.) You can read the report and draw your own conclusions regarding the A-10 and its future, but my friend, who flew almost all of  the USAF fighters up to and including the F-117 and also flew A-1H Skyraiders in Vietnam, has serious doubts about the F-35's ability to be the same sort of CAS airplane as the A-10. Anyway, not meaning to spark a sparring war between the F-35 fans and the A-10 community, I offer this link; I think many of you will find it interesting and informative, and the A-10 devotees will find it entertaining as well. Whatever happens, they will be missed when they are gone- the last of the stick and rudder combat aircraft in the USAF. Enjoy! (I can see a shark-mouthed 23rd FG Hawg in my modeling future- just need to re-read the BM posts to see which 1/72 kit is the best!)

Mike

https://media.defense.gov/2017/Mar/31/2001724978/-1/-1/0/B_0090_HAAVE_HAUN_A10S_OVER_KOSOVO.PDF

• Like 2