Aldi Airfix starter kits .

cocky05d

25 minutes ago, Telboy3510 said:

I've just picked up the Mustang and unfortunately in my kit the decals do not match the model. I have contacted Airfix to request the correct ones but the reference number are so smudged I'm not sure what I'm going to get. Can anybody see the number clearly!

It's A01004 - they accidentally supplied the decals for the A01004A reboxing, which isn't due out until January!

If you want to do that one, the colour drawings are here:

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/north-american-p-51d-mustang-1-72-1.html

Edited by Dave Fleming

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

It's A01004 - they accidentally supplied the decals for the A01004A reboxing, which isn't due out until January!

If you want to do that one, the colour drawings are here:

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/north-american-p-51d-mustang-1-72-1.html

Hi Dave, I have contacted Airfix because I particularly wanted to build with that colour scheme, I think it may be one of the Tuskegee planes which is one of my favourite films. But the code letters on the box or the reference numbers don't relate to the A01004 model either.

To be fair Airfix responded almost immediately to both of my e-mail's, and even as we speak a set of decals belonging to A68208 are on their way to me. Can't wait to see what I get. 😊

The Corby store at Oakley Hay has a good stock of Hurricanes, Mustangs, FW-190s, Jeeps and at least one Cutty Sark. The Mustang I bought also has the A1004A markings and the FW190 has a few mildly warped parts - makes you wonder how they have been stored.

3 hours ago, Telboy3510 said:

Hi Dave, I have contacted Airfix because I particularly wanted to build with that colour scheme, I think it may be one of the Tuskegee planes which is one of my favourite films. But the code letters on the box or the reference numbers don't relate to the A01004 model either.

To be fair Airfix responded almost immediately to both of my e-mail's, and even as we speak a set of decals belonging to A68208 are on their way to me. Can't wait to see what I get. 😊

That's good to hear. Like several other buyers, I have the wrong decals supplied with my P-51, but didn't fancy asking Airfix for the correct ones cos I'd heard their customer service wasn't all that and I take rejection badly... 😮

To be honest I'm not all that fussed about the error 'cos that's what Hannants is for, right?

I had a look at the one I bought at lunchtime. The decals in my Mustang kit don’t match the box art either. Seem to be a choice of two aircraft either The Kelly Kid or Rose Marie. The bar code on the back of my box is 5 014429 682087 and on the end of the box it has a number A 68208. John

1 hour ago, Chrissy_J said:

That's good to hear. Like several other buyers, I have the wrong decals supplied with my P-51, but didn't fancy asking Airfix for the correct ones cos I'd heard their customer service wasn't all that and I take rejection badly... 😮

To be honest I'm not all that fussed about the error 'cos that's what Hannants is for, right?

I've got the mustang with the wrong decals and I when I first opened it to discover the wrong decals I wan't that fussed but now I'm going to get the correct ones from airfix then possibly buy a 2nd mustang (if it has the "right" decals i'll have the set from the 1st kit to use).

If I were you (and indeed you WANT to build the kit as shown) I'd drop airfix an email.  There seems to be a fair few folk have spoken to them and the decals sent almost by return of post.

I imagine we may see a fair number of decal sets (both correct the the other boxing ones) on fleabay VERY soon......😁

2 hours ago, J Sherratt said:

I had a look at the one I bought at lunchtime. The decals in my Mustang kit don’t match the box art either. Seem to be a choice of two aircraft either The Kelly Kid or Rose Marie. The bar code on the back of my box is 5 014429 682087 and on the end of the box it has a number A 68208. John

Same plane. different names on either side of nose

a01004a-layout-a.jpg

12 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Same plane. different names on either side of nose

a01004a-layout-a.jpg

Yes thanks Troy I can see that now. My first thought on seeing two different names was it was a choice of two aircraft. Stand corrected. I’ve fired an email off to ask Airfix to send me a set of the correct decals for Lollipoop.  John

14 hours ago, Lawzer said:

I've got the mustang with the wrong decals and I when I first opened it to discover the wrong decals I wan't that fussed but now I'm going to get the correct ones from airfix then possibly buy a 2nd mustang (if it has the "right" decals i'll have the set from the 1st kit to use).

If I were you (and indeed you WANT to build the kit as shown) I'd drop airfix an email.  There seems to be a fair few folk have spoken to them and the decals sent almost by return of post.

I imagine we may see a fair number of decal sets (both correct the the other boxing ones) on fleabay VERY soon......😁

Good plan, just been to buy another Mustang. Still lots of models in Aldi on Radford Bank, Stafford at 9.45 am today.