Aldi Airfix starter kits .

cocky05d

Mrs Lawzer was in the local Lidl and she phoned to ask which kits I wanted.  Seemingly there were a few other ladies (and a chap) on their phones asking the same question......guess they are not going to last long..... ;)

Edited by Lawzer
  • Haha 1

Hi John

Just been in to our Uttoxeter Lidl do a big shop after Scale Model World - there were still a few Zeros, several Yellowjack Gnats, Cromwell tanks, quite a few Fw 190s and Me 109Es and a single Mary Rose.  No Spitfires left - bet the Grannies bought those ready for Christmas!!

• Thanks 1

dunno.  but LIDL are do ing a hole load.

listof em here

1/400 mary rose

rest r 1/72

spitfire, Messerschmidt 109, FW 190, gnat yellowjack, zero

and a 1/76 cromwell

Lidl had a stack of Me109's, Spitfires, Gnats, Zeros, Fw190's and Cromwells in their Wellington Road branch in Aberdeen last week. Managed to restrain myself and only came away with a Zero, Fw190 and a Gnat.

I bought 6!

Their tactics certainly worked on me.

Bought:

1/72 Spitfire

1/72 BF109

1/72 FW190

1/72 Zero

Mary Rose

Cromwell tank

Given two away to a friend (BF109 and FW190) to try to encourage him into the hobby and am starting the Mary Rose which is really good fun so far!

Fairly simple but enjoyable.

I build 1/48 scale models but the spit and zero I've kept to use as a test best for maskol camo along with practising hand painted camo.

Chipping and weathering template too.

Great little deal at £5 especially as comes with glue, paints and brushes which you can never have enough of.

Edited by Oberleutnant

I'm a bit miffed Lidl here in Ireland haven't followed suit. Generally both Lidl and Aldi sell similar products in Britain and Ireland. But the only Airfix kits are some quick build from Aldi. No use to me.

It's a pity because I fancy some FW190s and Zeros. Also a Mary Rose for a fun build.

Oh well maybe next year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 2:01 PM, noelh said:

I'm a bit miffed Lidl here in Ireland haven't followed suit. Generally both Lidl and Aldi sell similar products in Britain and Ireland. But the only Airfix kits are some quick build from Aldi. No use to me.

It's a pity because I fancy some FW190s and Zeros. Also a Mary Rose for a fun build.

Oh well maybe next year.

The Aldi’s here in the states dont have any idea what Airfix is. Im hoping when Lidl gets here they will. 

• Like 1

I've just picked up the Mustang and unfortunately in my kit the decals do not match the model. I have contacted Airfix to request the correct ones but the reference number are so smudged I'm not sure what I'm going to get. Can anybody see the number clearly!