Aldi Airfix starter kits .

cocky05d

A lot of Zero's. They obviously like the Zero, as it's on twice! Chance to pick up some more 109E's, (like I need some more!) plus a Spitfire or several. Despite having been warned off I might get some FW's too...

15 minutes ago, Welkin said:

2 x Zero = Zero     :sorry:

In which case it won't matter how many they have, there still won't be any Zeros! Or indeed if you add them😁

It could be worse. It could be something involving irrational numbers. Because nobody here is ever irrational. Not. Ever....

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I think the 190 is the only addition to what aldi had?

I got a cromwell from aldi and picked up a 109 a few times but this time round i won't put it back again....and at least 1 190 me thinks.....cheap Christmas shopping for my presents for mrs lawzer this year! 😁

Home bargains also had the zero.  How many of 'em did airfix make??

Edited by Lawzer

I picked up a Spit from the same series from Home and Bargain for £1.99 a few months back....   Picked a Cromwell up from Aldi last time they had them for £2.00 as last one and some cheeky chap had wizard the instructions and decals.   One built and another in the stash...

5 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

I picked up a Spit from the same series from Home and Bargain for £1.99 a few months back....   Picked a Cromwell up from Aldi last time they had them for £2.00 as last one and some cheeky chap had wizard the instructions and decals.   One built and another in the stash...

The Spit' was the same kit that the Daily Mail were giving away some months ago. I got five of those...

I shall be descending on the local Lidl stores with a fistful of fivers. I like a bargain, me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish my local ALDI or LIDL would join in. I do live in Germany after all, which is their home turf!

I could easily find a home for the Spitfires, and probably pick up a slack handful of 109s as targets.

Another supermarket chain here got burned badly about 15 years ago by selling some Zhengdefu kits, which looked really good until you opened the box.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

Someone explain what is happening!?

Tail end of last year /start of this year Aldi was selling a few airfix starter kits for £4.99.  Seems this year Lidl will be selling them (althou some different ones from the aldi selection).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawzer said:

Tail end of last year /start of this year Aldi was selling a few airfix starter kits for £4.99.  Seems this year Lidl will be selling them (althou some different ones from the aldi selection).

Nice. A Lidl right next to me, and an aldi not too far away

On 11/9/2018 at 9:32 AM, Mitch K said:

It could be worse. It could be something involving irrational numbers. Because nobody here is ever irrational. Not. Ever....

Irrational numbers come into play when working in the field of "stash dynamics".  Also common in analyses of how many millions of <your favorite 'why don't they make ___'> the kit company would sell if only they'd see reason.

• Like 1