1/144 - Hawker-Siddeley HS 121 Trident 1/2 & 3 by Eastern Express - Trident 1 released

Homebee

1 hour ago, 26Decals said:

No I don't have any plans to re-box them.

All the best

Ray

too bad, i'd buy one. Is there any upcoming reboxes like the A310 maybe?!

• 3 months later...

I figured if I bought an Authentic Airliners Trident from Kurt, EE would have released their version the following week......still waiting !

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Hawker-Siddeley HS 121 Trident 1/2 & 3 by Eastern Express - box art+sprues - release in 2021

Is it me or does that underside look a little strange? It may just be the lighting angle but the main gear bay fairings look way over-emphasized and the central under fuselage too rounded.

By way of comparison, here are a couple of scans of the real thing, from an old book, the underside appears flatter and the fairings a smoother blend into the fuselage.

1-Bucc001.jpg

1-Bucc002.jpg

• Like 5

I follow the topic very closely, because the plane is not indifferent to me and I have known it since childhood, and besides, I think I can give an answer to this difficult question ,general melchett ..
So, my research on the question:
First of all, I took as a basis and long-throw photo of John Allan, and outlined it in Corel. (I tried my best to understand the true position of the wing, but I could not, since all long-focus photos are very dark due to dark coloration and there are very few of them. Also they have low resolution)

Brit-00.jpg  Brit-01.jpg

I also had a side view from some edition, I don't remember.Here it is on top, and below - what I did.

Brit-02.jpg  Brit-03.jpg

And images from the Pas-models website.

Brit-04.jpg

And what we see:

Brit-05.jpg   Brit-06.jpg   Brit-07.jpg

What's the conclusion? The wing is out of place !!! Chord higher
than it should be. The only thing that I have not yet understood from the pictures of the sprues is the height of the wing profile. Since I am not registered on the Pass Models website, but I have a friend. Through him, I tried to convey to the very "taciturn" author of the 3D model the drawback I noticed, but as you can see, there is no result. But this shortcoming entailed huge problems !! The wing has left its place, the bottom view has changed, the fairings have changed, and there are still problem areas on the 2nd engine and the keel .. 

Brit-08.jpg 

Nevertheless, I'm still glad. This brought the likelihood of my having a 72nd scale model a little closer 😉

Edited by GROWLER
  • Like 2

The wing has left its place, the bottom view has changed, the fairings have changed,  

That would explain the odd appearance of the underside GROWLER, thanks for looking into it. As you say it's still good to see a new Trident, an aircraft that became an almost daily sight to me in the 60's and 70's, living close to Hatfield, as we did. Re Trident kits, I must admit, I have Authentic Airliner's 3B and am mightily impressed. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Source: https://ee-models.ru/en/airliners-viscount-800-trident-1-convair-990-190e-2-available-at-series-limited-edition/

- ref. EE144140 - Hawker-Siddeley HS 121 Trident 1c - https://ee-models.ru/en/ee144140-airliner-trident-1c

- ref. EE144140-1 - Hawker-Siddeley HS 121 Trident 1 - BEA

- ref. EE144140-2 - Hawker-Siddeley HS 121 Trident 1 - British Airways

ee144140-trident-i-c.jpg

ee144140-lim.jpg

V.P.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Hawker-Siddeley HS 121 Trident 1/2 & 3 by Eastern Express - Trident 1 released
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:25 AM, Ad-4N said:

The canopy is very, very opaque.  🤭

Yeah, that was in order to ensure that the Autoland capability was used regularly....to verify the integrity of the system.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Wonder where the markup comes from if they can sell for that price?

it is russia! EE knows exactly the prices they can charge in the western world. While in russia, their home country, they wouldn't sell a single kit for these prices. Also it is their intention to sell less kits for higher prices, due to the fact that it is short run (limited amount of kits) and the do not risk licensing issues.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RCI said:

it is russia! EE knows exactly the prices they can charge in the western world. While in russia, their home country, they wouldn't sell a single kit for these prices. 

Absolutely ! Their pricing strategy bears no relation to any costs, just what they think a few affluent Westerners will pay. Their kits of similar quality of Russian aircraft are around 30 -50 per cent of the cost of the 'Western' types, even in the UK....

• Thanks 1

My Trident and BAC 1-11 arrived in the mail today.

The flash photography posted above exaggerates the contours around the wheel wells and wing-fuselage intersection. The surface contours are far more restrained and subtle.

Not so subtle, however were the shipping costs. Not including sales tax, about $20 USD for each kit (i ordered 4 kits, hoping to get a break on shipping....NOT!).

On one hand i'm glad i got them before the economic sanctions come down on the Russians. On the other hand, i feel very sorry for them right now.

-d-

Glad to hear they arrived safely -d-, could you post a few images of the underside if possible, be interesting to see what's what, thanks. Can't believe they didn't cut you any slack on the shipping when ordering that amount. I order a fair bit from Amigo models and Combrig, both Russian companies and they're very generous when it comes to multiple purchases. Each company to their own I suppose.

I for one would not consider buying anything from Russia right now.  Out of sheer principle. Better save the money when our Ukrainian friends can supply us again. They will need it much more then. And don't tell my your stock is not big enough to last for a while 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1