This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

Hasegawa newsletters 2019 - 01, 02, 03 & 04

1 hour ago, Vicarage Vee said:

The market for re-released F3000 cars from 30 years ago defeats me.  Must be a domestic one.

It certainly had a surprisingly big following in Japan, I think becoming, ultimately, Japanese superformula. A number of the F1, WEC and other series stars of the past few decades progressed to F1 through Japan.

Yes, absolutely Agent K. Japanese F3000 of the late 80s and early 90s was very competitive and something of a refuge for European drivers who found themselves frozen out of F1 or European F3000.  Ultimately some very big names and significant winners competed there.  It just seems odd that now all of those drivers are long since retired interest in the couple of years that these cars raced can only be from a few aged nostalgics (like me I suppose) who probably bought these kits first time around anyway.  

I might be interested if they were 1:20. 1:24 is the wrong scale for open-wheel racing cars. Revell have the same problem.

I just can't understand why they try make F1 cars in 1/24. But of course the big fault was made by Tamiya starting to produce them in 1/20...

/André

On 2/8/2019 at 3:54 PM, MiG-Mech said:

There is no wow-effect this year at Hasegawa (?).

There hasn’t been any excitement from Hasegawa for at least a decade.

You're not wrong there.   Even that Formula 3000 is a boring fairly modern one.   They looked much better in the 70s (along with F1 cars)