Hasegawa newsletters 2019 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

I just wish that in 1/48 they'd expanded their F-8 range to include the early and recon versions. Come to think of it, given Hobby Boss' failure, I wish they'd done some early A-7s too...

Jon

As strange as it is for Hasegawa to sit on a mountain of tooling we’d all love to see used, consider Fujimi.  There was a time around ‘87 or so when Fujimi was quickly producing the best 1/72 kits o the planet:  Cutlass, Skyhawks, Intruder, Sea Knight, Saber, Corsair II,   Even to this day, some have yet to be topped.  Yet, they are seldom issued.  Baffling.

Edited by Ad-4N
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Denford said:

I'm hoping that they will follow their Mavis retooling with a new G4M1 Betty

It was an Emily - that was a very exciting release (well, three releases of various variants now) and I'm not sure if they would consider a new G4M1 while the newer G4M2 (1997 so not that much newer I grant you, but still comparatively up-to-date compared to the 1969 G4M1 tooling) is still selling in various guises. Now if they were able to do a new-tool Mavis, I'd be very happy about that :)

Cheers,

Stew

22 hours ago, Mr T said:

It would be interesting to know how important the international market is to Hasegawa. My feeling is what is being charged for imported kits into the UK cannot be encouraging if you are serious about exports. I know that this has been discussed before, but the prices are beyond reasonable as far as my modelling budget is concerned. Perhaps Hasegawa might be tempted to reissue stuff like the Marauder and Avenger if they did it through a company like Revell. 

21 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

A thing they did with the B-25J and should be done again.

Like the Eduard Liberators, if someone else pays for it the production run it is economic. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hasegawa have released their June and July 2019 newsletters

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201906/

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201907/

I hope the extra parts in the 1/72 F-35B are plastic especially the external hard points & gun pod

02306.jpg

The 1/72 A-10 UAV have not seen this before - is this a what if?

02307.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

The 1/72 A-10 UAV have not seen this before - is this a what if?

02307.jpg

Try googling DARPA A-10 UCAS Project

• Thanks 1

wish Hasegawa would sell F-35 weapon set apart, need a couple of those gun pods for the F-15S and after reading about Shapeways "brittle" problems I'm unsure if to order the pods, buy a couple of Orange Hobby F-35C and sell them minus the pods or fail for the Hasegawa solution

Luigi

The translation of the Hasegawa description (Japanese to English) regarding the F-35B with gun pod and underwing hard points from  https://www.1999.co.jp - July release

-Add new mold parts and reproduce F-35B [Beast mode]!
-Equipped with a weapon outside the aircraft, stealth performance is lost, but the attack power is a form that has been greatly enhanced.

-New plastic parts: gun pod, pylon, missile launcher

-Included weapons: Laser guided bombs, air-to-air missiles AIM-9X sidewinder

-Decal: F-35B SDD flight test plane No. 2 [BF-02], US Marine Corps 121st Marine Combat Attack Squadron `Green Knights` affiliation aircraft

Edited by Uncle Dick

• 4 weeks later...

they should just add the TA 154 4 in 1 in their catalogue as the only difference between the 4 boxes is so minimal (maybe 4 square centimeters worth of plastic) that none will starve do death for the lack of 32874823482348902384238340923834902389023892394239042342390492304923 reboxes of the same kind

Luigi

At this stage I'm sadly more or less resigned to Hasegawa never again issuing a new 1/48 aircraft kit - for years now it's been nothing but re-issue after re-issue.

It's hard to believe that they used to release several eagerly-awaited, new-tool kits every year without fail and were for a long time the standard by which every other manufacturer's efforts were measured.

Still, I guess nothing stays the same for ever.....more's the pity!

Edited by hopkp
  • Like 3

One man decision, Hasegawa is a small family based company, when founder's son took over he completely switched field of interest- I miss them dearly, in my view they are still No.1 in many aircraft kits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hopkp said:

At this stage I'm sadly more or less resigned to Hasegawa never again issuing a new 1/48 aircraft kit - for years now it's been nothing but re-issue after re-issue.

It's hard to believe that they used to release several eagerly-awaited, new-tool kits every year without fail and were for a long time the standard by which every other manufacturer's efforts were measured.

Still, I guess nothing stays the same for ever.....more's the pity!

Just curious

How many 1/48 Hasegawa kits are out there with parts permanently marked as unused which hinted future variants that never hit the shelves?

Luigi

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, Thomas V. said:

One man decision, Hasegawa is a small family based company, when founder's son took over he completely switched field of interest- I miss them dearly, in my view they are still No.1 in many aircraft kits.

Totally , Totally agree - without only one exception ( to build a Spitfire Mark 1 - in 1/48th Scale , it has to be either Tamiya or Airfix _ that's a surprising omission  )

I have a collection of 1/48 Kits and all of them are by Hasegawa , with only 1 Eduard FW 190 , and 1 Tamiya  Spitfire Mark 1 - the sheer Quality from Hasegawa is usually excellent

• Like 1

I remember in the late 80s pre internet days, Hasegawa kits were hard to come by in Chester, and I would have to travel to the model shop in Manchester to aquire them

I felt the quality of Hasegawa kits made the journey worthwhile

Kits such as the 1/72 Skyraider and 1/48 A4 Skyhawk series have still not been bettered by other manufacturers, even today

• Like 3

Does the "Hasegawa family" (and the Fujimi as well) knew about "Britmodeller"? 

Sometimes it seems that those companys and Tamiya as well are on an different planet. Didn't Internet make the world go smaller?

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B