Has it really been that long..........

Tramatoa

Hello all,

I’m coming back to modelling after a short break of about twenty five years (and three kids) and thought I would embrace technology and join you on your forum thingy. In my youth I was pretty obsessed and still have boxes of SAM and Airfix magazines carefully boxed up in the sure knowledge that it was only a matter of time until the creative urge returned. There has been the occasional purchase along the way but other than opening the boxes occasionally and marvelling at how things have changed I haven’t actually had the time or inclination to cut plastic, and resin and PE are altogether new to me. 

I’ve been lucky enough to have a full and interesting career in aviation both in the RAF and later on a wide variety of civil passenger aircraft but my first love has always been the Wessex and it’s this that got me moving at last after the Boss bought me a 1/32 Flymodels HC2. I’d like to make it up as a 22 Squadron cab, with the wet fit interior and role kit but i’m going to need plenty of help and advice as i’m finding the old grey matter and photo archive isn’t really up to the job. 

Anyway, I look forward to making your acquaintance over the months and years to come.

Pip pip,

Tramatoa

Edited by Tramatoa
  • Like 2

Cant beat a yellow Wessex

I did one in 1/72 scale Hendie is making a camouflaged 28 sqn machine from the Fly kits raw material

Not as easy as we all hoped but he is beating it into submission

So

Welcome home, it's OK here tha knows

👍

There are a couple of cracking build reviews available for this kit and I’ll have a read over the weekend but my main problem relates to the wet fit and I’ll transfer this onto a different thread as it might get a bit complicated. 

Thanks for the welcome chaps,

Tramatoa

I did it in several sections on my 1/72 scale HAR2 using a very posh shop's carrier bag plastic and half a bottle of Cockpit Glue

I'm looking forward to your build, I just love Wessii

SAR-Wessex4-014.jpg

I let the overlaps sink into the corners out of sight

The wall liner was painted in Humbrol Sky type S, the floor got Tamiya dark green

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, not another fling-wing chap!

On a serious note though, welcome aboard.  You'll find plenty of very helpful and very knowledgable folks here, especially when it comes to the Wessex! My only ride in one was with the ATC on an annual camp in Manston. All along the sea front with nothing to see but waving people and the pilots' feet!

Fun times!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot